Original topic:

Samsung Internet or Chrome, which browser should you use?

(Topic created on: 02-21-2021 08:16 PM)
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
Here are my analysis:

Samsung Internet vs. Google Chrome : Which one to use on your phone?

1. Layout/User-interface: 

Samsung Internet
• Easy to navigate. 
• No over-whelming settings and advance settings pages. 
• Quick launch. Full screen. News feed. 

Google Chrome 
• The over-whelming settings page from its desktop app is carried forward and used on Android too. 
• Quick launch. Discover which you have no control of--if you watched some Indian recipes videos or funny russian videos, prepare to see weird language scripts into your discover feed. Ugh. 

2. Security and Privacy: 

Samsung Internet 
• Though Samsung does not allow you to block third-party cookies, the browser lets you install a third-party adblocker extension. 
• Tracking prevention. Secured Samsung Pass integrated to store websites credentials. 

Google Chrome 
• Password suggestions. Stored passwords are protected with screen lock you've set, be it a biometric, pin or pattern. 
• Passwords breach and weak passwords notification. 

3. Features and Add-ons: 

Samsung Internet 
• A handy built-in QR code scanner. • Adblock, Amazon Assistant and many more add-ons. 

Google Chrome: 
• Send tab to Chrome on your PC. 

Conclusion: 

• If you want to watch YouTube or videos on other websites, use Samsung Internet browser.

• Use Chrome for banking, secure shopping and other sensitive information related browsing/transactions. 

-----------
By: Asif A. Ali
8 Comments
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I use Samsung Internet and Firefox .... like the security of both.
0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
This is awesome! Thanks for this comparison. 👍🏻
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi asifakberali, Thanks for taking the time to share your views on both Samsung internet and chrome browsers. 

Galaxy Note
I personally use Samsung Internet only. I rarely use Chrome. If go for banking, I use banking app. Never use mobile browsers to login.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Brave.
0 Likes
dom7
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
firefox is best for a variety of reasons including security, but if u want chromium browser, get brave
0 Likes
veun
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
thank you for your thoughts
0 Likes
Eyetinatim
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Both Samsung Internet and Chrome are popular browsers that offer similar functionalities, but there are some differences you may want to consider when choosing which one to use.

Samsung Internet is the default browser on Samsung devices and is optimized for Samsung phones and tablets. It offers some unique features, such as a built-in ad-blocker, a high-contrast mode, and a secret mode that encrypts your browsing data. Additionally, Samsung Internet allows for more customization than Chrome, such as the ability to change the default search engine and install ad-blocker extensions.

On the other hand, Chrome is a widely-used browser that is available on many different devices and platforms. visit this because It offers a simple and clean interface, smooth syncing across devices, and seamless integration with other Google services such as Gmail and Google Drive. Additionally, Chrome is often updated with the latest security patches and bug fixes.

Ultimately, the choice between Samsung Internet and Chrome comes down to personal preference and which features are most important to you. If you have a Samsung device and want more customization options, Samsung Internet may be the better choice for you.

0 Likes