Original topic:

SAMSUNG NOTE 10+

(Topic created on: 02-18-2023 02:49 PM)
Tor12
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
When will the Android 13 version for Samsung Note 10+ come?
0 Likes
14 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I'm sorry the note 10+ and the s10 series will not get this update only quarterly security updates
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately, the Note 10+ will never receive One UI V5.0 (Android 13). 

Tor12
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
When I listen to these things, I feel like I rented the phone. Paying the phone $1400 for only 4 updates is ridiculous. There are 2 ways this can be solved. Either Samsung release its own operating system and not be dependent on Google or pay them more to get as many updates as possible. It seems that Samsung is limited only to the production of devices, but not to S/W. A good reason to switch to iphone.
Tor12
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Tor12
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
The iPhone 8 was produced in 2017, while the Samsung Note 10+ was produced in 2019. Can you see the difference?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Personally, if Samsung doesn't offer OS version updates on a device, at least let us unlock the Bootloader, then you can Flash whatever you want. 

I had a old Note 3 running Android 10 as a Custom Rom.

The Note 3 was released in 2013!

Tor12
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Why should I do that and put a SW which is not official on my phone. Do you know how many backdoors that OS has? I've tried them too, but when you think you have all that data on your phone, then you should think twice. I want something official released by the company and not an OS released by a mobile forum. But as I said above Samsung has failed in S/W. In recent years, if you look at it, it has focused more on the palette, camera and design. We are not looking at anything new. Samsung is commercial and not professional. If it had released its own OS, then it would have attracted more attention. Samsung wants the users of this model to change the phone every 4 years..and that's it. This is the mentality of a small company. I was very little interested in the quality of the camera. What would seriously attract my attention would be OS, Security, Update, sensors. For example: sensor for measuring the air quality in the environment where we live as well as many other things in the field of environment and medicine. Even the smart watch has failed. Especially the battery, but also the sensors. Better is Fitbit and Huawei in terms of battery. A good part of the smart watch brand has a battery that lasts from 10 days to 2 weeks. While Samsung you have to charge it every night. Huawei Watch D is more reliable and calibrated in measuring blood pressure. It also received certification from Europe, while Samsung's sensors are not calibrated. Do you agree with what I wrote?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Oh calm down.. "that OS", all the Custom Roms are based on Google's AOSP,  but it's pretty academic, as your Note 10 has a Locked Bootloader..

Thanks for your "wisdom" regarding Custom Roms.. 🙄