Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 5G call dropping/Warranty

(Topic created on: 11-10-2021 02:35 PM)
therealbillyz
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I purchased a Note 20 5G back in April directly through Samsung unlocked.  Since June I have been having serious issues with calls dropping within the first three seconds of the call connecting or me answering when receiving a call.  Sometimes it will take two or three times before the call sticks and doesn't drop.  I have done every reset and troubleshooting you can do. I have taken it to U break I fix as I was told to do.  We reflashed the phone and still the same problem.  Also called my Verizon to confirm nothing on their end with the network and zero fix there either.  I have spent almost four hours on hold today with Samsung customer service trying to get a warranty exchange since is clearly a hardware issue and the device is under warranty.  I am being told that I have to mail my phone first which is completely unreasonable since this is my only cell phone and I use this for work daily. The fact that they won't even provide a loaner device for me to use so that I can in fact send mine back is a joke. I am stuck and it's such a scam.  I paid $1000 for this phone less than six months ago and I have no way of getting a replacement for a defect.  It seems like a very simple fix for Samsung to just replace my defective device. Has anyone else had issues with warranties? Please can anyone help me? 

0 Likes
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You know that you are posting on Samsung Canada's Members? 

You said that you have Factory Reset & I would think that Verizon also suggested that you reset your network connections as well? 

As for Samsung support, if you were calling their Support in the US, At least it's just as bad in the US as it is in Canada.. 

But from what you said, still sounds like it's either a Carrier (Verizon) issue or possibly a SIM card issue. 

Verizon should give you a new SIM card to check.

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi therealbillyz, I suggest you to contact Samsung US support and they will help you further.

0 Likes