Original topic:

Samsung Note 20 Ultra, 1TB Micro SD keeps corrupting

(Topic created on: 12-16-2021 05:13 AM)
Congaman23
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I have now tried 2 seperate Micro SD 1TB cards.  Each time I attempt to copy files to it the files will be fine for a bit,  then shortly after videos will start going green and tearing.  Pics will show a grey box with exclamation mark. I am at a loss. 
7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Have you tried viewing the images with a different Gallery app, ie: Google's?

Are the images still "greenish"?

Does the display on your Note have a green tint anywhere else?

Have a look at the link below if it does.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-problems-1152545/

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

What does your post have to do with anything that the op was asking about?? 

0 Likes
jdk64
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out! Wrong thread! A thousand apologies! 🙏
0 Likes
Congaman23
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I did not say my images were going green. My images only on the SD card are showing a grey box with exclamation mark and videos are tearing and flickering green.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

The issue is ONLY happening with images & videos stored on the external sd card? 

Are both sd cards the same brand & type?

While I think that it's unlikely to have two sd cards produce the same issue, you could also test the sd cards with your computer, but you'll need an sd card adapter to scan & fix errors with a Windows computer. 

What format are the images that are showing a box with an exclamation mark, & are they all the same format. 

Have you tried formatting the sd card?

You could also test the sd card slot with Samsung Members app "get help" & Diagnostics. See if you get any error?

You didn't mention if you see the same issue using a different Gallery app? 

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Congaman23, I suggest you to try the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit. Thank you for the response, RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
Alion15
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I'm having the exact same issue! I got a 2x 1 terabit micro sd cards and my files end up corrupting and it seems to be randomly. It's not the application as I've tried opening these files with many applications, both sd cards do this even after being formatted. A way I though I got around this was a third party app made by the sd card manufacturer and it seems to move the files without corruption but if I edit a photo or change it in any way after it's on the sd card random files start corrupting

0 Likes