Original topic:

Samsung note ultra 5G just randomly shuts off and turns back on

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 01:32 PM)
CJ38
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I know what you're going to say do I have my auto restart on specific time and date I do yes every Sunday at 3:00 a.m. but I'm talking about it randomly does it in the middle of the day ... it just randomly spontaneously does what it wants it turns off and it turns back on anybody have any feedback on that kind of situation
11 Comments
Galaxy Note
Maybe try boot into safe mode and see if it does the restart randomly.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Off hand, sounds like maybe there's a 3rd party app that is causing a conflict somewhere, but I don't think that you specified which model of Note Ultra 5G?

If it's a Note 20 Ultra, it could be battery related too?

Try Booting into Safe Mode & let it run for roughly the same amount of time, as it would before one of these random Reboots occurs.

Someone will likely suggest that you Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache as well. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, as suggested by others please perform safe mode and verify if the problem is solved. To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following:

1.First, completely power off the phone.
2.Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.
3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.
4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.
5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

CJ38
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Model/ one ui/ android version attached Screenshot_20220801-164626_Settings_7666_1659386786.jpgScreenshot_20220801-164607_Settings_7663_1659386767.jpg
CJ38
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I will try thanks guys !
Galaxy Note
Have you also tried to disable the auto restart and see if it still restarts randomly on any other days?
0 Likes
jr86
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm having the same issue. Searching the web it seems like others are having it too and it started since the last update. When did yours start?
0 Likes
CJ38
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Well then that makes me wonder if it's a manufacturer defect
0 Likes
slurpeemonster
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Exactly the same for me. It's done this before after an update. Then a few weeks later there is an update for the update to correct this issue. I just don't know why samsung keeps letting this happen. They know it's an issue, that's why they have to keep issuing updates of updates

0 Likes