Original topic:

Samsung Note10+ One Ui3 Issues

(Topic created on: 01-20-2021 07:48 PM)
BadFella
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Been waiting for it for so long but,  my phone is choppy,  heating and there are consistent frame drops after updating. 

Games just crash on me while playing. Just like that.. Wiped the cache partition but same thing. Its running very slow... The battery is draining so fast. Lost 4 percent while typing this post 😐.

Also whats the deal with the navigation gestures after the update?? Seems like they don't recognize input at the corners and the gestures are not very responsive. Never had this issue before. Seems like I have to remove the case and start swipe from the way bottom of the screen to get navigation gesture to work.

Any one else experiencing similar issues?? I am with bell if it matters.
0 Likes
10 Comments
Sal_ZL1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Updated mine today and it's running with no issues so far. Update all the apps from the Galaxy Store and Google Store also and see if that helps.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Badfella
if you did a wipe cache partition and it doesn't work, you will have to make a factory reset after making a back up of everything.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Badfella
if you did a wipe cache partition and it doesn't work, you will have to make a factory reset after making a back up of everything
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi BadFella,

In general, battery performance optimization is applied by learning the battery usage pattern after initial use after purchasing the product or OS upgrade. During the period of learning the initial battery usage pattern, you may feel the battery drain quickly. If the battery is consumed continuously for a long period of time, it may be another factor, so please check the following additionally.
When running multiple apps at the same time, running games or apps that require high resolution and high performance, and turning on auto-sync and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc., the battery will drain quickly. It’s recommended to optimize battery usage time by setting an Adaptive battery or adding unused apps to sleep depending on your usage pattern. Follow the below steps:
Settings >> Battery and device care >> Battery >> More battery settings >> Turn Adaptive battery on.

The gestures recognition area of Android 11 has been updated to prevent accidental touching of the keyboard. When gesture hints are turned off, the gesture area has been adjusted because an error may occur, such as the keyboard being closed while the gesture is operated when a key is an input at the bottom of the keyboard due to interference between the lower gesture area and the app area. And if you turn on gesture hints and use them, the recognition area becomes wider -

To turn gesture hints on/off : Settings >> Display >> Navigation bar >> Gesture hints.

Also, try to update all the apps using Galaxy Store / Google Play store as mentioned by 707Hellcat.

Deevvv
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
The only issue I have is the navigation button. Thought I was the only one but no. Also many of the controls for the keyboard don't seem to work. Like even after toggling the auto capitalization, it doesn't work.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Everything is working fine on my Note 10+. Battery seems as good or better, animations are smoother, so far very nice update.
The only issue i have noticed (so far) is that i lost some downloaded ringtones, that's it.

As already suggested, I would back up and factory reset in your case.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I would suggest like cassidy has, backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset. 

I'm not sure if your phone has the same settings for the navigation gestures as the S20 Ultra? but with one ui V3.0 on mine, there's also an option for side gestures, so make sure it's on or off depending on your preference. 

But I have noticed occasionally that the bottom gestures stop working & I'll have to switch to navigation buttons & then back to gestures. My phone is expecting an update on the 26th of January, so hopefully it will be resolved. 

neals
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
i had problems with gestures but then i put up sensitivity now all seems fine
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Badfella

I forgot...if wiping cache doesn't work, try empty the cache and erase data from Maintenance application and restart the device...
Tell me if it works

Screenshot_20210121-135551_Device care_29241.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-135529_Device care_29239.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-135635_Settings_29243.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-135643_Settings.jpg