Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Notes question

(Topic created on: 09-21-2020 05:26 PM)
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

let me say right off the bat that I don't like Samsung Notes at all.

it pales in comparison to S Notes. 

don't know why Samsung chose to not to continue with the best note app out there. 

have started recently with a new Note 20 Ultra, only to find that S Notes cannot be fully installed on the phone, extensions packages don't install, now have to make do with a substandard Notes app.  Samsung's motives are suspicious . . . why ditch S Notes???

in any case, whatever . . . i'm trying to learn Notes.

here's the question,

somehow note files from last week have individual pages, but now new notes have continuous scroll . . . is there not some way to choose individual pages?

0 Likes
11 Comments
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Individual page settings

Don't forget to Accept as Solution , and have a nice day 😊
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

thx Cassidy.

you seem to know your way around Notes.

do you know of any way to get a fully functional S Notes onto my Note 20, or would I need to root my new phone?

0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

and someone mentioned Notes having covers for note files, again like the good ol' S Notes.

is this true, don't see it as an option?

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi vitruvius,
Samsung Notes has features that will make organizing the notes much easier.
Here are some of the most helpful features in Samsung Notes:

1. Quick highlight: You can quickly highlight a section of text and select an action. With your S Pen, press and hold a word, and then drag your pen to highlight more text. A list of actions will appear: Cut, Copy, Paste, Dictionary, Show clipboard, and Share.
Note: This feature is only available on the Note series.

2. Zoom in and out: Simply pinch the screen to zoom in or out.
Note: The amount of Zoom that is supported will vary by device.

3. The search function: Use this feature to search for and find the exact note you need. Tap the Search icon, and then enter the words you want to search for.

4. Organize your notes: You can use several different features to organize your notes. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Edit. Select your desired notes, and then choose your desired option. You can tap Move to place them in a different folder, tap Share to send them elsewhere, or tap Delete to remove them from your phone.

5. Lock your notes: If you want to keep some notes private (like your poetry collection), you can lock them. Open your desired note, tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Lock. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to create a password for your note.
Note: If you want to change the password, navigate to Samsung Notes' settings, tap Lock notes, and then tap Change password.

6. Sort your notes: You have so many notes, you don't know what's what. To help you figure it out, you can sort them. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Sort. Choose your desired option, such as Date created, and then tap Done.

You can also change the overall layout of your notes. Tap More options, and then tap View to change the layout of how the notes are displayed.

7. Action icons: This feature creates icons in your handwritten notes. Just tap the different icons to make calls, send emails, solve equations, and go to websites straight from icons. Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines) located at top left, tap the Settings icon and then tap the switch next to the Action icons.
Note: This feature is only available on the Note series.

You can also back up your notes using your Samsung account.
Tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap the Settings icon. Tap Sync with Samsung account, and then allow the permissions.

Tap the switch at the top of the page to turn the feature on or off. You can also tap Sync using to choose whether syncing happens through Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi or mobile data.

If you want to save your note as a different type of file, you have plenty of choices. You can save it as a PDF, Microsoft Word file, a PowerPoint file, an image, or a text file. Select the note that you want to back up, and then tap More options (the three vertical dots). Next, tap Save files as, and then select your desired file format.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi vitruvius,
Good to know that your problem got resolved by following the steps provided by Cassidy.
Thanks, Cassidy for your information.

0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

1. "Samsung Notes has features that will make organizing the notes much easier."

much easier than what?

certainly not easier than S Notes.

S Notes treated each note like a notebook, with a cover that you could customize.

a graphical cover makes a note file much easier to find.

2. Samsung Notes are not saved as individual files, and in any case, you cannot view individual files in the Samsung Cloud, so no option to create a personal archive free from prying eyes.  what is Samsung's intent in preventing access to individual files?  S Notes were individual files.

3.  i don't see a way to discard changes to a note in Samsung Notes.  once you're in and you make some changes, there is no way to exit without saving.  not so with S Notes which allows you to discard changes.

4.  Samsung Notes does not let you draw shapes and fill them.  S Notes had this feature.

5. Samsung Notes has a limited colour palette for pens.  S Note's colour palette was infinite.

6. One thing that could've improved in Samsung Notes: the calligraphy pen could have had a nib that went smaller than 40.  how about implementing that simple feature and maybe i'll consider not continuing to diss Samsung Notes . . . because this list could go on and on . . . 

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi vitruvius,

We will consider it as valuable feedback and will forward it to our appropriate team for further review.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Halston

If you had Google Translate or Microsoft Traduction installed on your device, you will also have those choice when you select text with your finger OR with your S-Pen
If you click on Outlook, it open the Microsoft internet search BING

Vitruvius, what do you mean by : " having COVERS for note files",? sorry my english is not perfect...
I personally like 👍 the new Samsung Note version, it's more like a text treatment now and I appreciate it...it's also has more versatility and you can add your own kisses when you let a Note to the person you're in love with ...
0 Likes
vitruvius
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
each note is treated as a notebook with a cover. these are some of my S Note covers, some customized
0 Likes