Original topic:

samsung pass asks for password twice

(Topic created on: 09-20-2021 03:52 AM)
lyiacus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi have issue with samsung pass 

it ask me to sign in and i do it ask for password and it accepts then when i try to use or save a new password or set up an app like samsung pay it asks to confirm password however it will not accept the password again.

i have trierd resetting password and this does not work please help

16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

What device & One UI version is running on your device? 

But, did you try Clearing Cache & Data for Samsung Pass? 

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Lyiacus, could you share the model number of your device through DM? Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada (Link: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/ca-community ) and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members)>>send a message.

Also, try the suggestion provided by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results. Thank you for the response RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Pretty sure that it's okay to publicly post the model number of the device.

What's NOT okay is to post personal information, Order numbers etc OR the device's IMEI, serial number etc. 

Samsung_lTyX1cK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Hello. I am having the same issue

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, We request you to register an Error Report from the Samsung Members app by attaching the system logs.

Open the Samsung Members app>> Menu >> Support >> Send feedback >> Error Report >> Send system log file.

With these logs, our team could analyze the performance and errors on the device and if there is anything related to the Samsung update that you have installed recently, we would push a fix through an update.

0 Likes
lyiacus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi so i have a Galaxy Note 20 5G

Model SM-N981B/DS

I cant get into pass to clear the cache and there seams no way to do this in the settings - apps

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Settings > Apps & click on this to show System Apps (otherwise you won't see Samsung Pass) Toggle this to show system apps & search for "Samsung Pass" & click on it, then scroll down to Storage & click on it. You'll see the options to clear cache & data for Samsung Pass here. 

18 September 2021 171916 GMT-0400.jpg

18 September 2021 171930 GMT-0400.jpg

18 September 2021 171948 GMT-0400.jpg

18 September 2021 171958 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
lyiacus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Hi tried that cleared the cache first did not work 

Then cleared the data and did not work 

tried clearing the data and that did not work

Thanks

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You have an Australian device, based on the model number.

Don't know if it'll work, but have you tried a factory reset? 

0 Likes