Samsung really garbage

(Topic created on: 05-25-2020 03:32 PM)
faqir2112
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
1400$ for a phone hahahaha
No honestly I have note 9 
And this phone fell into water I toke it out the next I was taking piture I noticed it's blurred I toke a look at back I saw water in camera,
Ok I went to Samsung sevice Senter I showed the phone and I explained that my phone fell in water ant now there is water in the phone, you know what they said to me they said it is water damage and it is not cover by Samsung warranty, we don't fix your phone under warranty, if you want to be repaire I have to pay.
Ok people, if you go to Samsung website it says the phone is water resistant up to one and half meter
While my phone fell only into sink . You see how misleading is Samsung. And they expect us to buy their garbage for 1200$ to 1400$, really hahaha
I'm done with Samsung...... No more Samsung products.  

This Tex is from Samsung website
Submerged for 30 minutes and still works For most phones, water is Kryptonite. But after being i n 1 .5 meters of water, the Ga laxy N ote9 a nd S Pe n can keep going. They're sealed from the inside out forthe highest rating you can getwhen it comes to protecting your phone from dust and water: IP68.
39 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Sorry to hear this. but the key words are "water resistant ". If Samsung claimed their devices were waterproof then it should be covered by your warranty.
faqir2112
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
you know
they know how to play with the words. because they are big companies.
it so unfortunate we buy these phone so expensive, at end we get treated like go f.cuk yourself this is unfortunate
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
NO play on words.
Water Resistant:
Able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely

Waterproof:
Impervious to water.

Source: Merriam Webster Dictionary.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
For anyone trying to claim Samsung is innocent here, I just leave you with this - https://www.enclosurecompany.com/ip-ratings-explained.php

Without a doubt the warranty should cover immersion in water.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
This doesn't prove anything. Samsung never claimed that their devices were waterproof hence the IP rating. Meaning there is still a chance of water getting into the device which is not covered by the warranty. The device purpose isn't water submerging. Also The person said the phone fell into water, which could've caused a crack or a temporary gap in the material allowing water to go in. which would be considered accidental and again wouldn't be covered by the warranty.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It doesn't matter what Samsung claims. IP68 is IP68. If they wish to make up stuff, then they should not use a universal rating system and come up with their own hoky one.
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Thats not how it works though. IP68 is water and dust resistant. you can argue all you want but Samsung has done nothing wrong, you need to understand that.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/dust-resistant-waterproof-making-sense-of-gadget-ratings
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Samsung even warns the consumer in the Quick start Guide.
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I literally posted the definition of IP ratings, and then you post nonsense form PCMag. No, that's not how IP ratings work. You can't say it's rated X and then just say sorry, not really rated X...erm, it is but we don't feel like it should maybe...perhaps...anyway...since we don't trust our own rating then we just won't cover it...except if you buy Samsung Care+ and pay us even more money. Let me also fill you in on how this works in the rest of the world. If I make a product and give it IP68 rating, my customer expects that this means something and that something is no water ingress under light or no pressure. If I pressure wash my IP68 product then I can't expect it to work. If I get water on it and it fails, I absolutely will hold the manufacturer responsible for the defective product. Samsung is 100% wrong.
0 Likes