Original topic:

Samsung software updates... Is there a one stop shop to look at ???

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 07:51 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Note 10+. This is my first Samsung experience, but not my first Android. Usually on Android, when there is an update, PlayStore send a notification and that's it. And every month, there is security update.

Since I have my Samsung, I also having update thru Galaxy Store. So far, this is OK.

But, I also noticed that I can have software updates from other locations and nothing is clear how can I know that there is update available. An quick example. I use Samsung Good Lock, and from time to time, when I start Good Lock, I can see there that there is modules that needs an update.... Nothing pops me to let me know this unless I start Good Lock.

How many places like this one when you are using a Samsung phone you must be aware of and know that something need to be updated ???

I also have a Galxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Buds and a Tab S6..... So many places to look at..... 

Is there a one stop shop ???

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Comments
neals
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
usually for goodlock u get notification to update in galaxy apps yes sometimes its kinda late or wont show till reboot galaxy buds or any wear should look for updates as soon as it connects and will prompt if theres update.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi TechSavvyBoy, 

I suggest you to turn on automatic updates on Galaxy Store & Play Store and let them take care of updates automatically so you don't have to worry about it.
Open Galaxy Store >> More options >> Settings >> Auto update apps.
Open Play Store >> Menu >> Settings >> Auto-update apps.

For software updates of your phone, you can do it by opening Settings >> Software Update >> Toggle on Auto download over Wi-Fi.

When a software update is available for the earbuds, the Galaxy Wearable app will notify you with a popup. Tap Update, tap INSTALL NOW and then follow the prompts.
To update watch software, open the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone >> Home >> Watch software update >> Toggle on Auto download over Wi-Fi.

0 Likes