Original topic:

Samsung Wallet update. Samsung Pass and Samsung pay into one.

(Topic created on: 06-22-2022 01:30 PM)
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note

10 Comments
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Samsung wallet ? Since when did you get this?
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, thank you for sharing this with the Samsung members community.

0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Before thanking shouldn't you ask how they have Samsung wallet since it's not available in Canada?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If I remember correctly, they have at least one device running the US Firmware. 

Samsung Wallet isn't currently available in Canada, not even from apk mirror, & even then you almost certainly would not be able to install the apk & it's a System app. 

It's kind of misleading if the intent was to suggest that it's available in Canada. 

KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Exactly my point
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I've tried using the apk and it doesn't like you, Samsung pay gives and error and say your device isn't compatible
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

That & I'm guessing that Samsung Wallet is a System app. Even mundane apps that are system apps usually fail to install, likely due to signatures.

And I would suspect that any of Samsung's financial tools are even more particular, which is actually a good thing! 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi KOTS21, the availability of the app depends on the region/country. Samsung is working on it and will update it on the webite once it is released in Canada.

LXN
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I'd love to sit down and speak with a program engineer from Samsung to find out why althought I can almost stand on a rooftop and see the US, Canada lags behind in updates.