Original topic:

Screen battery burn-in?

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 04:37 AM)
Samsung_xzudt0D
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello,

Yesterday I suddenly got a rectangular burn-in on my Note 9. I've attached a picture. I read on another forum that this might be caused by the battery. 

Now, my phone is out of the 1 year warranty. Would Samsung cover this as a defect? 

This was not burnin from use. I'm very careful about burnin. I have a plasma and oled. I don't even use the always on screen on my Samsung watch. 

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210803-180553_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You need to take a picture with another phone or a camera. Burn-in isn't visible in a screen shot.

It's highly unlikely that Samsung would do anything regardless. 

Samsung_xzudt0D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Oops. I attached a real pic this time.

Thanks for your reply. 

I would figure Samsung would deny fault anyway. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue. 

received_187830696739249.jpeg

Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Samsung_xzudt0D,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

To isolate the issue, I would recommend you try to perform a hardware functionality test on your phone.
Here's how:
- From the dial pad, dial *#0*#.
- You will see multiple boxes with different options like Green, Red, Blue, Speakers, Touch, Camera, etc.
- Tap on Green, Red, Blue and check if the burn marks/ pixels appear on any of the test screens.
Now check for the pixels on the phone's screen.

If the issue persists, please try to reset the phone and check if that helps.

* Reset erases all data on the device. We always recommend that customers back up all device data and delete their Google and Samsung accounts before resetting the device.

Click here for data backup instructions.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphones-how-to-back-up-your-dev...

To delete accounts go to: Settings >> Cloud & Accounts >> Accounts >> Google, Samsung >> tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner >> Delete account.

Here are the steps to reset the device:
Open settings >> general management >> reset >> reset to default settings

If the Pixels/Burn Marks appear on the screen after performing the above troubleshooting, then the phone requires service.

Please get the device examined by the authorized Samsung service center to determine the root cause of the issue. Samsung provides 12 months of warranty. However, the physical and liquid damages will not be covered in the warranty. 

Please contact our Live chat support for further assistance or to book an appointment.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

Galaxy Note
Reset your account to fix screen burn in 🤔🤣
Samsung_xzudt0D
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I would have endured the burn-in over resetting everything.

But good news. Today I noticed that it's over 90% gone. So temp retention from battery heating up? 

Thanks again for replies.