Original topic:

Screen broke because of power button...

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 05:31 AM)
XhexdX
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm wondering how many people are experiencing this issue. My phone is well protected, never dropped and in pristine condition. I've had it for 3 months. 2 days ago, I pressed my power button to close the screen and it literally shattered the glass from the bezel right at the bottom of the power button. Samsung just tells me that I did physical damage to my phone and are completely obnoxious to the fact that it is a major flawin their construction. They tell me that there has been no reported cases of this happening either.

Now I'm stuck with supposedly a top of the line flagship phone that is suppisedly one of the best in the world, as long as you dont press your power button I guess...! 
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Maybe you didn't drop it, but it definitely seems like it's suffered some kind of incident.

I've never heard of anything like this happen to anyone.

The power button on Samsung's flagship devices is separate from the screen & in my last few devices, it's located in an aluminium or other metal frame. 

XhexdX
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I get that, but it's as if the pressure un the bezel where it gets slimmer has pressured the glass at the same time. I literally watched it bust. received_278444090649340_16020.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Unfortunately Samsung's go to move, is to blame the owner, without any evidence of such.

I feel for you & good luck 🤞 

Jesterz21c
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Same here,  one morning i pwokpe up and it was suddenly cracked right at the power button. Wasnt like that when i went to bed.  Now i have a horizontal break inside the screen that causes the bottom half to flicker.  The line is right in the middle of the power button.

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Usually inspections are free. You could go to an authorized service centre and ask them about it. Really ask for what caused the failure and insist it was not broken by mishandling. I'm really sorry this has happened to you, I've had my share of Samsung hardware failures they attempted to pass off as out-of-warranty.
XhexdX
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the tip. I've bought over 50k of Samsung products in the last 10 years but if things are getting this bad, I'll definately switch brands. The thing is that if I had physically damaged it, I would **bleep** it up and buy a new one as I'm not the type to complain when it's my fault. But in this case, I can't, it's just totally ridiculous in my opinion. Hence why I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only one (along with a few others that I read) who has had this happen.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service:

For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
XhexdX
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Been there, done that. No help whatsoever by your live chat support except from telling me that I broke my phone by hitting or dropping it.

So I would suggest giving me a better option than having to deal with captain obvious once again, lying to me that it hasn't happened to anyone else when I found related posts. Screenshot_20210604-135317_Messages_16110.jpgScreenshot_20210604-135434_Messages_16114.jpgScreenshot_20210604-135521_Messages_16116.jpg
0 Likes
cdkirk84
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Would love to know the outcome people experienced here. I agree, this seems to be a major flaw. I'm on the heels of retrieving access to my SECOND s21 for this reason. 

Literally nearly exactly a year ago (Xmas Day 2021), my first phone, just shy of 30 days old, suffered what I then thought was a one-in-a-million unlucky shot to the power button by a dropped pair of scissors that jacknifed it right on the power button. Dead phone.

Welp. Overnight, my phone hit the floor I guess, and must've also landed on that power button. I've had no screen cracks for a year, and am super bummed about this. Now I"m on the fence... S23 is out in another month and a half. I'm considering going back to my S9 in the meantime, versus getting a new one today. The last model is typically deeply discounted right about now, so maybe I go get an S22. I assume my phone for all intents and purposes is shot.

0 Likes