Original topic:

Screen flicker..or just random?

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 05:52 PM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Note 20 ultra.. just happened today. Is this something to worry about? Do I call an exchange? Video attached.. thanks for all help. @CHMultimedia @SnowCat @TallMan

75 Comments
jassingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
@IfLySolO is it just happening on a specific app or on every app

i would recommend taking it to nearest samsung authorized service centre and ask for diagnosis they will perform galaxy diagnostics on the device and let you know if the issue is with device.

if its just a software issue then theh will be able to perform firmware update(factory or home).
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
just in the Google search box. no where else. I saw some other people on you tube posting the same thing. so am not sure why just in the Google box. and its not happening on my z flip. I did the same Google search and nothing
0 Likes
jassingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
make sure Android system webview app is updated and if not already tried i would recommend trying clearing cache and data of both the apps Google and Android system webview
jassingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
jassingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
let me know if this helped because i know android system webview app is responsible for viewing and processing of online content of various google apps
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Did you tried automatics test in the help section of Samsung's Members, seems as a automatic refresh rate problem...did you try if it does the samething with a 60hz refresh rate ?

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
no I didn't.. let me try that as well. thanks friend.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
It might be a refresh rate issue.

@IfLySoLO are you using 120Hz or 60Hz? If 120Hz, try switching to 60Hz and see if the issue is persistent or resolved.
0 Likes