Original topic:

Side bar photo corrupt glitch?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 10:20 AM)
kincaid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I've been having this issue since I fist got the phone during its initial release. I ASSUME it's a glitch caused by the quick swipe side bar on the left of my screen that corrupts photos I take from the camera and I assume this because the area where the corruption happens is shaped just like the quick side panel. Anyone have any idea or a fix to this? It's incredibly annoying as fk with photos of friends and family having the same glitch on some photos here and there unexpectedly.

16 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Kincaid, could you share the model number of your device?

0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Where would I find that? I have a note 20 ultra
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Try open

Settings → Apps → Camera → Storage
Clear data and Clear cache

Then test your Camera again.

If problem persist, try to do a Wipe Cache Partition. But need to know what model of your phone first.
0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
If I do the clear data and clear cache will it delete all my current cam photos?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
No, camera photos save under Gallery. The clear data and cache is just reset your Camera settings back to factory settings. If you have perset settings, you may need to redo the settings again under Camera settings.
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I did the clear data / cache thing and took some test photos and out of the 2, one eventually corrupted. It was fine before but as usual for some reason when I view it later it does the whole left side distortion **bleep**. What was the other method suggested?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
So, want to clarify one thing. Is that side bar corrupt happens on Camera app while using it? Or it happens when you view it in Gallery app?
0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I don't even know if the side bar corrupts the pic I just assume it does. I'll try turning off the side bar and see what happens over time. I don't know what exact movement causes it but one time I'll look at the pic just fine the next time I open it, fine then another time I open the pic it goes corrupt.
0 Likes