Original topic:

Side bar photo corrupt glitch?

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 10:47 AM)
kincaid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I've been having this issue since I fist got the phone during its initial release. I ASSUME it's a glitch caused by the quick swipe side bar on the left of my screen that corrupts photos I take from the camera and I assume this because the area where the corruption happens is shaped just like the quick side panel. Anyone have any idea or a fix to this? It's incredibly annoying as fk with photos of friends and family having the same glitch on some photos here and there unexpectedly.

16 Comments
Galaxy Note
To determine if this is software or hardware issue, I think the only way is to backup your whole phone, do a factory reset.

Then setup your phone again without restore your data.

Test your camera again. If no issue or problem, that means software cause the problem. If problem still exist, that means hardware problem.
0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Will try that after this.. i turned off the Samsung side panel and will play around with the camera for a few days see if any photo corrupts during that time
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Kincaid, Please try the suggestions from Tallman and keep us posted.

0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
So it's been a week of taking photos and everything is fine since disabling the side bar. I would try resetting the phone but at a last resort since I use my phone for literally everything 😅 work, investments and such. Too important to backup and wipe for now.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Please keep us posted with the results, and can reach out to us if you require further assistance.

0 Likes
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
So after turning off the edge panels no more photo corruption the whole week, the second I just turned it on and used the edge panel my recent photos just got grey bars again.. I'll just live without the quick edge panels I guess.🥲
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, we suggest you back up and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes