Original topic:

Side Key/Power Key Not Working

(Topic created on: 09-23-2021 11:33 AM)
WallyWest
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, when I press and hold my side key/power key, it no longer brings up the power menu. I have my press and hold settings for the side key/power key, to be the power menu. See screenshot. I even switched it to Bixby and switched it back to the power menu option, but it still won't work. I know the power key works, because I can turn the screen on and of with it, I can also press and hold the down volume and power key at the same time, and that brings up the power menu. But when I press and hold just the side key/power key alone, nothing happens.  Any suggestions. I already restarted the phone. 

UPDATE: Nevermind, I figured it out. The reason it doesn't work, is because I have Routines+ installed. Even though I don't have a routine for press and hold for the side key, Routines+ stops it from working. Which makes sense, Routines+ would need to reserve that function, in case I enter a press and hold side key Routine. All good. 

5 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi WallyWest, Appreciate your efforts in finding a solution.

0 Likes
jonshin88
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I uninstalled routines + and the side key press and hold settings still don't work. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, I suggest you please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if the issue got resolved.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition". Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
jonshin88
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thanks, I already tried this but it still hasn't fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, we suggest you to backup and reset. Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes