Original topic:

SLOW CHARGING

(Topic created on: 11-24-2020 10:17 AM)
DebR
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi Everyone ,

I did the last software update on Nov 19. Appears that it was a security update. I find ever since the update my phone takes a long time to up date. 

At 5:30am my phone was at 52% I decided to charge it. At 9:30am it's only at 92%.

Normally, it would take 45 mins to be full.

I have a Note 10 plus. It's a year old.

Any suggestions?Thanks!
0 Likes
18 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note

@DebR please try a different approved charging block and cable to see if this helps with charging and also make sure your charging port on your phone doesn't have any lint or anything in it to make a poor connection

0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thank you, and tired a different plug. still the same. I am currently using the same block as before but, I'll definitely try that. no lint..
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi DebR, Please make sure you are using the genuine Samsung charger and also check the USB cable for any damages. I suggest you please try to wipe the cache partition of your device by following the steps below and check if the issue got resolved.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key. Then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Keegan,

I am going to try this right now. Thank you for the directions! I'll let you know. PS, I double checked the cable there's no issues that I can see.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
hi good day!! also try to observe when you charge if it says fast charging?? if it just say charging then there's something wrong... but if it says fast charging then everything is fine on hardware aspects..
0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
It used to say fast charging but doesn't anymore...
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
i see.. if you're charging using the original charger make sure the usb cable is deeply connected to the charger and also the usb c end properly inserted to the phone. i know you kinda tried different chargers already but try it again until you see fast charging.. if not then try using a charger with 25 w fast charging. or if you have friends using the same phone try their charger..

me personally, if im charging my phone, i always check if it says fast charging.. if i didn't see it i just inspect the connection..
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
as i can see.. i think, in my opinion, there's something wrong with the power source.. it's either your charger or the cable or the connection..
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
okay it is plugged into a extension but it always have been on a power bar. I'll try directly into the wall
0 Likes