Original topic:

Slow going lately

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 08:50 AM)
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everyone, 
I'm hoping there's someone that can help me, for probably the last 2-3 months or so my Note 10+ with 12GB ram & 500GB hardrive has been unusually slow to do things, like open apps and other basic functions, it's very irritating because my device should be lightning fast and was, having so much ram etc. Anyway I've tried cleaning out the cache files, I've ran several virus detectors and trojan detectors through it and still I continue to have the same kind of lag when opening apps and trying to do standard processes. Can anybody please think of what might be causing this please and kindly let me know?
My next fix otherwise will be to make sure I have everything backed up and completely reformat my phone back to factory settings, an operation I'd really want to try to avoid if possible. ??? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
uchetia
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
How old is it?
0 Likes
zarontavern
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It would probably be sometime around 2019 that he got it since it was released in August of 2019 so it's fairly new
0 Likes
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks I reset the settings only but it still seems to be a little lagging, it's unusual and very disappointing.
0 Likes
uchetia
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
If its 4 years old then a factory reset should solve the problems as there were many updates in between and so many changes
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thank you
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Insanenitro, thanks for reaching out. 

There are a few things you can try besides factory resetting your device. 

1. Restart your device

2. Close background apps

3. Uninstall apps you no longer use

4. Optimise device settings

[settings > device care > optimize now]

Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks
0 Likes
Insanenitro
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ok cool y'know, I do have a lot of apps like 500 of them but they are supposed to be sleeping or shutdown because I haven't used them for so long. Can these still be draining my performance also I managed to find something very interesting in an app called device info, U might know of it. It's a very good app, any way I took a screen shot of the memory diagnosis and found something very interesting yet unusual, it's saying & see the screenshot too, that under system storage it says that it's all but filled is this because I have so many apps. They're supposed to be sleeping Screenshot_20220729-003252_Device Info_31915_1659018772.jpg
0 Likes