Original topic:

smart things platform update

(Topic created on: 09-28-2020 12:20 PM)
DebR
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everyone, 
I accepted the new update on September 26th. Since then I've had 3 people tell me they can't hear me properly....Is anyone else finding this?  If so, is there a solution?
0 Likes
14 Comments
Galaxy Note
Do you mean your phone had a software update, so that your friend cannot hear you over the phone? If Smartthings app updated, should not interfere the phone app. So need to confirm if you have updated Smartthings app or you have done the phone software update.
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I actually received a notification about a new phone update and that's what I did. I thought it was a smarthings update. but, it was indeed a PHONE update
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note
I see, now you can try to do the Wipe Cache Partition on your device. Let me know if you have no idea how to do this. After Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode should resolve your existing problem.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi DebR,
Please confirm that you have updated the smart things app or device software update as mentioned by Tallman and get back to us with the information.
Thank you Tallman for your information.

0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
sorry software device update.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi DebR,

Thanks for confirming the type of update.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Try this...
@Cassidy
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063
Also in some devices there is a setting to restart your device at regular intervals, restarting seems to help alot of Android glitches 🤷
0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
thanks Ibtried restarting. still the same. I will clear cache and see if that helps. appreciate it
0 Likes
DebR
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I am just looking on YouTube how to do the clear cache
0 Likes