Original topic:

Smartaview

(Topic created on: 06-14-2020 05:58 PM)
VJn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
cannot connect to google chrome on my TV in the same wifi network! 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy Note
are you trying to cast your phone to your tv??
0 Likes
VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes. using smartview on note10
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
is your tv paired with your phone?? via smarthings?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Galaxy Note
if you have samsung tv and a samsung phone you can cast it via smarthings which will use Bluetooth connection of both devices.. but if you wanna cast it via chrome, you have to download the google home app from your phone.
VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have GoogleHome, the problem is only with Note10 with the latest android version
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey @VJn,

Sorry to know about this.

Stream using a Google Chromecast:

All you need to do is plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port in the TV,

connect to the same Wifi Network that your Note 10 is on, using the Google Home App.

Open the Google Home app and tap the device you want to link.

Then click on settings >> Home >> click oh Home >> Next >> Room >> Tap next Done.

Then you’re ready to stream YouTube videos, play your Spotify tunes or just mirror your Note 10 display to your TV.

Also, please try the below steps:

- Open the Quick Settings panel, using two fingers, swipe down from the top of the screen.

- To view the second panel, swipe to the left.

- Touch the Smart View icon.

- If required, touch the device you want to display your screen on.

- The connection is usually established automatically if there is only one compatible device available. Depending on the TV, you will need to enter a PIN or allow access to complete the connection.

- Some TVs and devices may require you to switch inputs or turn on screen mirroring.

Note: Make sure your TV is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device before turning on Smart View.

If the above steps didn't work. I suggest you to contact our live chat support as they have an option to remotely access the device.

Thanks, @gokongming, for sharing the information.

VJn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
No issues streaming the youtube app at all.
The issue is the broken Smartview app on Note10 with the latest Android version. A lot of people having the same issue. google it.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
This is so repetitive (I can't for the life of me understand why it doesn't automatically do this 🤦)
Have you tried wiping the cache partition

@Cassidy
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063

If that doesn't help, can you uninstall the app and try an older version?

There is also many other apps that can cast 🤷