Original topic:

Stolen phone

(Topic created on: 09-20-2022 02:07 PM)
mamabear2015
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I am still so sad also sad that my note20 was stolen yesterday while shopping. This is my first time experiencing the thief. I don't understand why ppl have to steal phone nowadays it worthless when locked. The worst part is my 3 boys photos are pretty much kept in the SD card for years. I lost them all. 😭😭😭
0 Likes
7 Comments
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Note
davidjay362
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Doesn't Google have the same kind of setup , called find my phone?
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Should've made backup. I learnt my lessons after getting a laptop & a past phone suddenly fried, lost so much important stuff it's crazy.
Now I automatically back everything up.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Sorry to hear about your loss, yeah. thieves.. 😡

If you Have Google Photos installed, (maybe Samsung does this as well?) Google will backup your device, INCLUDING your photos.

Aside from that, I backup my device weekly with Smart Switch to the device's external sd card (wouldn't help here), but I also backup with Smart Switch to my computer once a month, plus Google backup daily.

So your photos may not be lost just yet 🤞🏻

Galaxy Note
Hi mamabear2015, have you tried Find my mobile?

Also, remember call your carrier report you have lost your phone so that your carrier can block the phone.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes, getting the Carrier to blacklist the IMEI is a great idea, but I'm not sure if you should try Find My Mobile / Find Device first.. I don't know if once the IMEI is Blacklisted, if they will still work? 🤔

mamabear2015
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks everyone.