Original topic:

Student Discount

(Topic created on: 09-01-2020 10:57 AM)
Jodit
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello Samsung Community, 

Has anyone had trouble dealing with Samsung chat? Every time I contact them their answer is always that they cannot help. 

So the issue is the I pre ordered the Note 20 Ultra on August 5th, I absolutely understand that its outside the 14 days but when I went to go order Samsung Care, a case, another set of buds live, wireless charger and possibly another phone I realized the discount code was never applied to my original order on August 5th. This could very much be an error on my end but the person on the chat, Mickey was beyond unhelpful, the agent couldn't even spell my name correctly and misspelt it 5x. I'm sure Samsung a multi-million dollar company has some way of sorting this out, I only purchase Samsung devices and this is a massive disappointment. 

Any recommendations on how to go forward before I swear off Samsung altogether. 
0 Likes
25 Comments
Jodit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
No, the phone is $1819.99 + 5% tax which is $1910. Student pricing is $1546.99 which is $1624 with taxes.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Oh, you're from Alberta. Okay that explains it.
0 Likes
Jodit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Haha yes we pay less tax, I get where you were getting the numbers from.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Albertans are lucky on shopping due to low tax. 🙂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Nah man. Albertans are unlucky. The lack of provincial tax on goods and services causes you guys to be way too dependent on external revenues (ahem, oil royalties). Adding a sales tax would stabilize your finances and you'd be less sensitive to the oil market's unavoidable fluctuations.
0 Likes
adwickson2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

So in the event that you take a gander at the above pictures the code is Through Student Beans however it diverts you to Samsung site as you can find in the other picture. I don't have the foggiest idea why I would have to go through SPC when its free for me straight forwardly through Samsung. Students are deserving for especial discount because they spend much money to get education .

0 Likes