Original topic:

Suggestion for Taking Easier Screenshots

(Topic created on: 07-21-2021 11:41 PM)
waliabroagain
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello,

I love my Note 10+, but do experience problems with it from time to time. I thought these would go away with updates or future phone releases, and it seems that they have not. So, I will now be reporting these issues directly, and making suggestions for certain features as they occur to me.

First and foremost, I would like to suggest a button in the navigation bar (where the back, home, and recents buttons are) that instantly takes a screenshot upon being pressed/touched. It would be not unlike the keyboard button showing up at the bottom left when the keyboard is in use.

The settings for this feature should be in Settings > Display > Navigation bar.

If we could generally have full control over how to arrange buttons on the navigation bar, that would be better. So we would have the obligatory Back, Home, and Recents buttons - and then we should be allowed to add upto 3 more buttons that serve as shortcuts to various other functions, and in whatever button arrangement/order we want (such as the instant screenshot one, as I said. And perhaps another that brings up Quick Share/Share as a Link; and/or another that brings up a specific app in a specific window size, such as a calculator in pop-up mode?).

PLEASE make this a reality. I hate having to press the volume down + power buttons EACH AND EVERY TIME, especially when scrolling whilst laying down somewhere, because then I have to completely reposition myself in such a way so as to make sure the phone doesn't fall out of my hands or something. And using the pull down menu's "quick buttons" takes too long, is too much of a hassle, and does not work well with some social media apps.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Wali Abro

8 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Thanks for sharing your suggestion. We will consider it as feedback.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Try using Samsung's One Hand Operation + Good Lock module (can find this in Galaxy store). Does most of what you are asking for with gesture swipes. And this can be adjusted so you don't need to rely on the bottom screen to navigate. Just swipe from the side if screen (which is adjustable) to activate. It can also be be used with Android's swipe function. Can't live without this module. Been using it since the Note 8. Lol
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
You can press and hold the bixby button and say 'take a screenshot'
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I use Palm Swipe to get screenshot. Put your palm on screen and move from right edge to left edge.

This feature is under Settings → Advanced features → Motions and gestures

Make sure Palm Swipe to Capture

Click on it will show you animation of how to do the capture.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

In addition to the other very good suggestions, you could have a look on the Play Store for an app called; Screen Master. It's available both as free or paid.

It's highly customizable, & you can decide the quality as well as the storage location.

It places a very high or virtually invisible icon on the screen & you can move it anywhere you want, or lock it in whatever place you want. 

Here's a screen shot of icon, which will "hide" off to the edge of the screen after use. 

22 July 2021 115702 GMT-0400.jpg

apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
One hand operation with quick tools or gestures to do your screen shot. I almost never used buttons for anything beside turning on the phone if I have it off. 😂
0 Likes
User616
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Use "Assistant Menu"!!!clipboard_image_1627065643195.jpgclipboard_image_1627065725410.jpg
0 Likes
Esther1122
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Use the Android Screenshot Shortcut. These days, taking screenshots using nothing more than your device is a breeze. Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time, and you'll see a brief onscreen animation followed by a confirmation in the notification bar that the action was successful.

0 Likes