Original topic:

Tempered Glass Note 10 Plus

(Topic created on: 08-31-2019 10:42 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note
It finally came, i mess up with the first installation so I immediately take it out and wipe everything with the alcohol swabs provided then do it again and got it for the second time. No problem with the fingerprint sensor at all..

Failed Installation: https://youtu.be/llWyGgMFwd4

29 Comments
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
looks like an interesting kit. let us know how it goes. whitestone glass does not have the dots near the fingerprint area, only on the top and bottom edges.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Well, as expected, the tray on mine broke during the install process (when the adhesive was spreading out). Because of this, the glass shifted down by a millimeter and the adhesive leaked over the end of my SPen. Did the initial cure regardless so I can take the broken tray off and start cleaning off the leak on the Note 10+.

Decided to do the complete cure at least to test the FP scanner. It works. And I didn't even need to apply much pressure on it. Just simply touching the glass with minimal pressure, allow it to recognize the FP and the Note unlocked. I'll see what happens to it overnight.

There is one small issue with the glass and that is if glanced at an angle you can barely see the dots as well as the circular mark made by the metallic cylinder. But it's not clearly visible. You'll only see it if you are looking for it and know where to look.

It's late now... I'll post pic of it later. it looks good, functions well and FP friendly. Only con is the flimsy tray that easily breaks under the stress of the phone being in it. I do love the glass and is a great/cheaper alternative to the Whitestone.
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
@Shaggyskunk1 The dots are present on the Whitestone glass. It's used to equally disperse the UV adhesive in the area. It can be seen and is visible on the glass prior to installation.

The amFilm I have has more UV dispersal dots on the glass compared to the Whitestone. This may have helped the glass be more FP scanner friendly.
0 Likes
cnewell74
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
It took nearly a week for me to receive my Whitestone Dome. I followed the directions and put the screen sensitivity to high. I also deleted all my fingerprint data before installing the screen protector. I had no problem re-adding my fingerprints, and in the days that followed, I've had no issues using them. I wondered about the increased sensitivity setting. Didn't need that on my Note 8... and it turns out I don't need it on my Note 10+, either. I turned it off the next day, and have been working fine with it since. I prefer to swipe-type, so if touch didn't register properly, I really notice! To traderjay's point, though: it's been less than a week, so I can't speak to anything truly long term yet.
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks all for the feedback. when my 512 gb note 10+ comes I will reapply the whitestone dome again and see how it goes. that kit is also out of stock now on amazon.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
try @Vic20 amFilm.. its cheaper https://techmatte.com/Note10P-UV there is a youtube review
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Just a brief update. FP scanner still works fine. I made no adjustment to the default touch sensitivity either. It is definitely a good alternative to the Whitestone. Only big issue is the tray/jig that aligns the screen. It is fragile and not durable like the Whitestone.

I've contacted TechMatte about it and they said they will look into it. Haven't heard back from them yet.
0 Likes
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
alright going to order the amfilm and try it out.
traderjay
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
how is the amfilm fit on the note 10+ with spigen cases?
0 Likes