Original topic:

Temporary Region Change

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 04:13 AM)
Members_HmIQq1B
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I moved to Japan recently for military. Have an American Verizon Galaxy. I can't change the country. I've read that the only way to change or add a region is by creating a new account, but that will delete my current account and all my contacts, etc., which I've had for over 10 years. This seems ridiculous.

I'll be traveling back to the US fairly frequently so having to create and delete accounts every 3-6 months doesn't seem realistic. There has to be a better solution.

Clearly Samsung knows I'm in Japan even with my VPN on ... I just want to dl a couple JP apps.

Screenshot_20230112_205607_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230112_205646_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You may want to check with Samsung Members US for your Verizon Note device.

BUT, I'd move all my contacts etc from my Samsung Account to my Google Account, that way you shouldn't lose anything if you make a new Samsung Account.

I also wouldn't ever use any Carrier's email account, for a similar reason, if you change Carriers you lose access to the Carrier's email address. 

Nylah
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, as advised by RedDogRabbit please try to contact the US support for information on this, so that they will help you further regarding.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

0 Likes