Original topic:

The Note 20 feels like a slap in the face

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 06:11 AM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
The Note 20 is insulting. The more I watch videos on it and see people talking about it, the more frustrated I get. First of all, its expensive. It is in the category of top tier premium smartphones. 

Why is it priced as a premium smartphone, minus the premium smartphone features? 

Plastic back. 60hz display. Downgraded cameras. What the hell? 

Is anyone else not pissed about this? I'm rethinking what my next smartphone will be after today's stream, not gonna lie, because charging such a high price for such an average phone is just wrong. 

I dont understand how you guys went from making the S10 and Note 10 line both so cohesive, with each level sharing the main headlining features such as powershare, the upgraded primary camera and ultra wide lens, and hole punch, to the mess of flagships this year being the S20 line and Note 20 line, all having different cameras, different designs, different displays, and different build materials. 

Anyways, seeing how many people were commenting positively about the keynoye makes me think im gonna be mostly by myself for this opinion. But anyways, sort out your phones samsung. Your entire 2020 lineup is a huge disappointment. 
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
YES. That's not even a question! Or if they really want to offer more flexibility, offer some size variants (to which I have no objection) but keep the differences to size, RAM and battery. Offer a consistent premium experience across the board. This kind of downgrade just dilute the value of the brand. People will expect a just-as-good-only-smaller experience, only to find a significantly-worse-dang-notes-do-sûck-after-all,-lets-buy-iphones-next experience
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Give the S series the top of the line specs available and when it comes to the znkte give that the more powerful processor and such
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Where did Samsung go wrong ? Was it when they started making multiple S devices and Note devices ? instead of a S9/+ Note 9 ?
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
@thebigguy86 I think samsung went wrong when they started releasing a family of smartphones with confusingly different specs. I dont have an issue with them releasing 3 S20 phones. I have an issue with all of them having weird discrepancies in specs. Some have only 25w charging while one has 45w. Some have mmwave 5g while another doesn't. Some have a 64 megapixel telephoto lens while others have a periscope. Its so confusing to navigate and really turns people off from buying them.

Next year I want an S21 in 3 sizes. Small, average, and large. The small one should be their more budget option, but still share the same highlight features as the other two. Same primary cameras. Same refresh rate. Same build materials. The price difference between the 2 other models should only be because of their size difference. All other specs between the two should remain the same. If this sounds familiar, its because it has been what apple has done for the past 2 years, and it works.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
the new flagship device may not be for everybody. do what's right for you, and what makes you happy.
Samsung will always do it's best by bringing the latest technology and innovation do it's newer devices of course but it does come at a cost.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Sorry,

But for me, Ambassadors are not credible in this forum , all they can say, it's  how Samsung is marvelous  and bla bla bla.

WE ARE NOT STUPID, so dont try to lie to us only to justify a price

espescially when a Ambassador announced a 50 X "optical lens" and after a space zoom 50 X because somebody advertise him showing he knows nothing in camera. This is showing his few understanding of any camera.

They charge you more because they add 1 year extra  to reach 3 majors Android update, nothing is free at Samsung and nothing is really justifiing a high price like that espescially technology. If you want to stay in the course, you need to follow technology and this is good for all Company if they want to survive.

CHMultimedia was right when saying " instead of the Galaxy A71 5G with S-Pen... er, Galaxy Note20."

JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Hi snowcat, I want to preface this by saying you've done great things for the community and I think everyone appreciates your help over the past few years. That being said, yesterday in a post you said in response to people complaining about the high Note 20 prices, "Samsung needs to make money too". That irked me quite a bit. Samsung used to be the bang for your buck smartphone company that got you similar or better features than the iPhone for less money. That has flipped. Lately apple is running laps around samsung with the iPhone 11.

It is really unhelpful when in posts where people are demanding cheaper prices and sharing their feedback, an ambassador comes in and makes excuses for samsung. They're a multi billion dollar company, they don't need a single user in canada to defend their every decision. I wish you were on our side with this one. Your voice holds a different weight than ours because of your community status.
Galaxy Note
@Cassidy, as a Samsung Ambassador myself I resent you saying we are not "credible" it's uncalled for. You say that all we can say is how Samsung is marvelous and blah blah blah, correct me if I'm wrong but if Samsung was so bad, I don't think you'd be a member of this community, you'd probably have a phone from a different manufacturer, but that's not the case.

Do I like Samsung products? Yes
Do I recommend their products to others? Yes
Do I agree with every decision Samsung makes? No

A phone manufacturer can't make a device that pleases everyone, it's impossible. Perfect example was the removal of the headphone jack, lots of people weren't happy about the decision and some didn't care (like me) I haven't used the headphone jack in years, I prefer being wireless.

You have a choice to choose whatever device from any manufacturer but you chose a Samsung device, there must be a reason why.

I do agree with some of the points or suggestions that were mentioned in this thread.

And then there's the mention about pricing, everything has a price, it's like buying a car, they all have different price points base on brand and features, but they all have 1 thing in common no matter the price, when you get in it and start it, they all get you from point A to point B.
Galaxy Note
Stupid*
Galaxy Note
@JohnH thank you for your response.

here is the way I see it when I mentioned "Samsung needs to make money too" I was referring to the trade in offer. The biggest comparison I can do for this is trading your car in at a dealership for a newer car instead of selling in privately. If you were to sell your old device privately you are sure to get much more back in value than trading it in. But others do not want to go through the hassle which I fully understand. The trade is offer is a "guaranteed" sale of your phone so you don't need to but in return you won't get that much back it's the same for vehicles. Someone who does not want to sell their vehicle and go through all the haggling and they just want a newer vehicle might just trade it in at a dealership and get a new one and pay the difference. The dealership still has to make money. Samsung is no different.

I'm not saying that over the years their prices have not raised drastically because yes they have. But the technology in them have also increased dramatically. The Galaxy band Note devices have always been Samsungs premium flagship devices. You should expect to pay a pretty penny for these. This is why they have released other devices such as the a series of the e series so others can still enjoy a nice Samsung device without complelty breaking the bank....unlike apple this is not their case. All of their devices AND accessories will break your bank.

Alot more goes into these new devices such as the processor chips, the display screen, the camera etc. This is why most major cellphone providers no longer offer "free" phones... because they just can't. This is why most cell phone providers now have the option to add your device cost on a "tab" to your monthly bill. Prices of these devices have realised drastically over the years and I still feel and I will ALWAYS feel you STILLL get more bang for your buck with a Samsung device than an apple device.

prove me wrong?
0 Likes