Original topic:

THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD

(Topic created on: 02-26-2020 11:54 AM)
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Few minutes ago I went to Sammobile.com to check if there was a new firmware for my canadian Note 9.
You know what: Canada is THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD that do not received it's Android 10 upgrade. 
Go on Samsung keep on laughting about canadians! We're so polite to retaliate. 
But, as for me, my retaliation will come as soon as I'll need a new phone.
No more slow canadian updates, no more not available software (as Good Lock). End of game! 
21 Comments
Galaxy Note
You do realize that Sammobile isn't exactly current with the Firmware on it's site?
Frequently they don't have the Firmware available for Canadian Carriers - even MONTHS after it's been released - This was certainly the case last year with One UI V1.0.
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Really, why would they have firmware for Note 9 Android 10 in all countries of the world and not being up to date?
Go there and look at release dates.
I'm a Samsung user since Note 3.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
He's right. Its even been released in the US. It's the SAME phone!!!!!!!
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I've been with Samsung since the Note 2 - But that's beside the point - I'm telling you that last year Sammobile didn't have any Firmware for the Canadian Carriers One UI V1.0 until months after it was officially released... months!
alainlafond
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Is it really a defense argument?
Samsung is just not caring about canadians.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
@alainlafond - i don't think he means it as a defense argument but more of a misinformation statement. so it's best to be completely sure of your statements before rantting. I can understand your frustration but really if it's not broken and it's doing the job it doesn't really need to be fixed. but that's just me.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
That's us 👍
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I don't have any reason to need any defence - I'm not crying incessantly.
Galaxy Note
@theonecid Yeah I know that it's the exact same hardware - But I don't think that it's a "Canada" thing - There's been a few times when Canada released updates before the US & several times when T-Mobile was very late in releasing updates - Well after Canada - Last year especially when T-Mobile held back because of an alleged bug in the OS - Which turned out to be nothing.