Original topic:

Think I have some kind of repair curse.

(Topic created on: 07-08-2019 06:32 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
What are the odds?  Had to replace the charging port of my Note9 (from an authorized service center) and now fast charging isn't working at all. Even regular charging! I'm stuck with this prehistoric charging speed. Port was changed twice already. Going back today again but I think they ruined my phone at this point 🙁. I mean, 7h30 to charge it is a disaster. Doesn't help that the battery was the biggest they ever put in a flagship at 4000mAh either Haha.

0 Likes
18 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
For the technical details, the phone charges at 255mA.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
bad cable maybe?? 🤷🏻‍♂️ I've had a bad cable once that Caused my phone to charge very slowly.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Nope. My Tab S5e, S9, A5 and S7 charges normally (I mean fast at 15W) on the same charger and cable
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Well then I would say your Charging port will likely be the problem again, that s.u.c.k.s.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
What are the odds two different brand new charging ports are defective? Pretty sure they screwed up more than the port at this point. Just went and they said they can't do anything else and the MTL service center may be able to give me a new phone in this case. The very service center that treated me like less than dirt last year. 🙁
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
It seems very strange to me that bad service is a common occurrence For Samsung customers, Like why do they treat their customers like this 🤦🏻‍♂️, we are the ones that are paying high prices for their devices and yet they can even give us Customers decent service 🤦🏻‍♂️. it seems to me in most cases they want to send The device out without protection to a service center in God knows where to be ripped apart and ship back to you and hopefully you will be in one piece and in decent shape. Why not just replace the device up front?.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
That was uBreakiFix. Those who made the charging port replacement that is, not those who treated me like garbage). They are now authorized service centers (thanks to @Steve01 I learned that). Though they seem to not be allowed to do replacements
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
This seems completely stupid to me because I've heard of many iPhone people walking into an Apple store they either fix it right there on site or they give them a new phone straight up. So I think Samsung you should get your act together and maybe start doing this for your Customers Instead of dicking us around .
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
That's the case. Sister went to the Apple Store to get the screen replaced. 1h job. It was 40$ (Apple Care+) or she could get a new phone for 170$. On the spot
0 Likes