Original topic:

Uninstallation.

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 05:39 AM)
Xhhckejeixuwhdb
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I know HOW to disable Bixby but my question is HOW is it okay for Samsung to refuse to let you uninstall apps, especially ones like Samsung Internet which is collecting sensory data about my vital signs? How is that acceptable from any business? Please explain.

10 Comments
Galaxy Note
Samsung does not refuse to let you uninstall apps that you may have downloaded and installed from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store. You cannot uninstall Samsung Internet. You can force stop it, but errors might occur.
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
yes you can uninstall it
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You can NOT uninstall Samsung Internet, it's a System app. The most he can do is to disable it with adb, or a package disabler from the Play Store. 

Screenshot_20210606-062342_Settings.jpg

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
adb
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

adb doesn't uninstall, it can only disable system apps.

https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

Screenshot_20210606_085234.jpg

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

There's a couple of ways to disable System apps. Either with adb or one of a number of apps from the Play Store.

But I think that you're confused about Samsung Internet collecting "sensory data" about your vital signs. Samsung I doesn't ask for any permissions to be able to do that. 

Screenshot_20210605-150449_Permission controller.jpg

Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Xhhckejeixuwhdb,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.
Please note that it is not possible to uninstall the default apps from the device as mentioned by Jayman1973.
The Samsung Internet app doesn't ask for permissions related to sensory data as per the image provided by RedDogRabbit.
We suggest you to attach some screenshots of the issue here so that we will assist you easily.
Thanks to Jayman1973 and RedDogRabbit for your information.

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
yes, it is possible
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I think you're talking about Samsung Health, don't you ?