Original topic:

Visual voicemail app on Note 10+

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 07:13 AM)
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I just noticed I have a new app called Visual Voicemail on my Note 10+.  I'm guessing it came with the latest update last week.

I'm with Koodo, does anyone know if this came from Samsung or from Koodo, meaning now they support Visual Voicemail on Samsung phones? 

Thx

0 Likes
19 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Most likely it's to support this feature: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/visual-voicemail-for-android

It's not like they never released a component ahead of carrier launch. People will remember the annoying N in Messages app last year

So yeah, Visual Voicemail is coming soon to your device.
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
You're probably right. I asked Koodo, and they have no clue :). No rush, will wait and see.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Interesting. I think it will be common in the future. Looks very convinience than listen on traditional VM.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
I am on Telus and also have the new app but it can't set itself up yet.
i get the famous spinning circle and have to kill all loaded apps to get it to stop and let me get back to normal phone usage
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Zaptor, Samsung would post more information about the Visual voicemail app once it is officially released either from Samsung or carrier.

0 Likes
Osom
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I got same thing from telus note 10+, and the technical service activate it. After they activate the service you need reset your application cache to get it work.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/visual-voicemail
0 Likes
Zaptor
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Cool thanks. Are you paying extra for this service?
0 Likes
Justin8386
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yes same for myself  I had to call telus to have them activate the visual voicemail.  After that it worked fine.   

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Osom,

Thanks for sharing the information. This is going to help so many of our Samsung members here.

0 Likes