Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Whatsapp

(Topic created on: 09-19-2021 09:11 AM)
hectormj
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all, I recently changed one of my contacts name. But for some reason, the name of the same person on Whatsapp didn't change, even after refreshing multiple times. I deleted the number from my phone storage. I still see the contact on my whatsapp though with the old name. What's going on? Any help is much appreciated.

0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I don't use WhatsApp, but are your contacts saved to the SIM, or to your Google Account?

I'm not sure, but if your contacts are saved locally to the SIM, it's possible that other apps, like WhatsApp don't "see" any changes you made.

Go to your contacts & click on the one you want to change & then click on storage location, you should see where it's saved to.

If it's saved to the SIM, move it to your Gmail account & sync, then see if changes made are reflected in WhatsApp? 

0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
All my contacts are in the phone memmory tho.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yeah I'm not sure where WhatsApp looks for contacts, but after you made the changes to your contact, did you Sync your contacts with WhatsApp after? 

hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yep I did refresh
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi hectormj, Did you check with whatsapp support?

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Hectormj, could you try to reset your whatsapp and check if you are able to see the contact name after the changes you made?

0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Reset? You mean uninstall and install again?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Or you could try clearing cache & data for WhatsApp, Reboot & Sync again. See if the contact changes are there? 

hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I tried. Didn't work. Idk
0 Likes