Original topic:

White Fine Dust on Samsung Note 9 Screen

(Topic created on: 11-27-2019 12:32 PM)
EricBane
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey guys,

Recently my phone fell down on the floor by accident. Landed screen-down. Thankfully no cracks or scratches.

However several days after that I noticed these fine white dust appeared on the screen. I thought it was dust, so I rubbed away on the screen. No go.

I have screen protector on, and before this there was no appearance of white dust on the screen. Can dust slip into screen protector, I wonder?

The dust does not hinder my work on the phone, but I'm on dark mode so the tiny white specks scattered on the screen (slightly dense at the bottom) is pretty distracting.

Also I'm not purchasing an expensive phone to have this white dust greeting my reflection.

Is this white speck normal? 

How do I get rid of it?

Any advice/tips are mighty appreciated.

Thank you. 
6 Comments
Anandkumar
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
high
0 Likes
Anandkumar
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
she
0 Likes
Edster89
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Before u drop did this fine white dust appeared? But then again how could it be dust if u can't wipe it away. High chances could be pixel damage. Try remove ur protector and inspect it. If not high chances it's the pixel damage since u did drop it also. Not necessary must have crack. Could be the impact affected internal damage.
0 Likes
EricBane
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I figured it won't be the dust. I looked it up on the net, but there's no issue similar to my situation here -- mostly people commented on vertical or horizontal line appearing on the screen, but not specks of white scattering on the screen.

You're right, it could be pixel damage.
0 Likes
Edster89
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Best u could do is replace the screen. But if the speck don't bother u then use it as it is.
0 Likes
EricBane
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the tips, Edster89. I'll use my phone as it is for now. I am considering to bring my phone to Samsung for them to have a look at least, and ascertain the issue. Maybe we'll see from there. :winking-face:
0 Likes