Original topic:

WiFi Calling

(Topic created on: 09-13-2020 11:14 AM)
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
From the phone app on my Note 20 Ultra I activated the wifi calling feature from Settings. 
After two days or so, the wifi calling feature is switched off by itself. I'd like to keep it on constantly.  Does anyone know how I can be able to do so? 
19 Comments
fivelles
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
how do I remove auto correct but still keep spell check
0 Likes
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Try these steps
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for the help @Note20UltraFan.

Hi fivelles, Could you please let us know the model number of your mobile device.

Please try the following instructions. Go to Settings >> General management >> Language and input >> On-screen keyboard >> Samsung Keyboard >> Smart typing >> Turn off "Auto Replace" & Turn on "Auto Spell Check". Please note that settings may vary depending on the device you are using.

keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Note20UltraFan, Wifi calling depends on network speed and signal strength. Another reason could be third-party applications. I suggest you reboot your device in safe mode and check if you are experiencing any such issues.

PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Hi keagan.... thanks for the information. I believe it is the network signal strength like you suggested. I live in an area where signal strength and data is not always strong. My internet service provider is the only one we get in the area.
I'll keep an eye on it.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Ive noticed my disables as well... I have it set to only use wifi calling when network signal is weak. It will stay on for a couple days and turn itself off at some point. I think this is a bug.

I also notice the same behavior occurs with the adaptive battery toggle enabled. I keep coming back to find it deselected after a couple days.
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
This is the same anomaly I'm encountering. So I'm not the only one. I'm with Koodoo in my area and the signal is not strong in the house. I'm with Eastlink for internet and service is on and off some days. I believe that when internet signal is weak (like keegan suggests) wifi calling switches off automatically.
But it can also be a bug like you suggested. Maybe we should let Samsung techies know of this problem.
0 Likes
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I contacted Samsung tech and got a "virtual assistant " that suggested I do a factory reset!!!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Note20UltraFan, If you chose to do a Factory reset, please don't forget to backup all your data like pictures, important notes etc.