Original topic:

WiFi Calling

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 09:23 AM)
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy Note
From the phone app on my Note 20 Ultra I activated the wifi calling feature from Settings. 
After two days or so, the wifi calling feature is switched off by itself. I'd like to keep it on constantly.  Does anyone know how I can be able to do so? 
19 Comments
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I'm not going to do a factory reset..... too much data and information that was brought over from my Note 8. It happened again just now..... like 5 minutes ago. I had to go back into the app and switch on wifi calling 😒.
Ahhhhh..... its a small inconvenience.
0 Likes
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I've had a similar issue, but with Bell. At one point they were having issues with their server. But when it happens randomly, I've restarted my phone and it works. Sometimes just manually or getting it up for a restart, it should affect the phone.
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Wifi-Calling add on must be in your Koodo plan. You may want to call them to make sure it is your plan. Best way is to set up a callback through the Koodo virtual assistant.
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Koodoo did set me up with it when I bought this phone. Problem with koodoo is, they are getting like Bell. The koodoo assistant answered from Romania and couldn't really help except to guide me to switch on wifi calling.
However, Everytime I have to switch it on back.... I have to get a text code from koodoo, then it works for a few hours, until I am in some part of the house where data and signal is blind.
I believe that's when it switches off.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hi @Note20UltraFan

you should read this, it's from your provider and it explain everything  :

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Thank you so much Cassidy.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

That's a great help @Cassidy. Thanks for providing the link.

0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Mine keeps turning itself off too. Wasn't when I first got the phone. I'm on Telus BTW.
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Koodoo and telus are the same. Follow the link that Cassidy posted and give Telus a call. It's nothing to do with the phone and don't reset the phone. Telus has to do the setup from their end.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for sharing the information @Note20UltraFan.