Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wireless Charger Recommendation

(Topic created on: 02-16-2021 11:54 AM)
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
I have used wireless charging with my protective case on in a Lexus car,  and was quite impressed by it. 
Has anyone used wireless charging pad with their galaxy note phone? I see many wireless charging products on Samsung CA website. Which one do you recommend? And, how long does it take to charge it fully? 
I want to just leave it on pad instead of this adapter plugging in and out. My current charger broke i think. 😢😭 
8 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note

The wireless charger that you want depends on what you want to do with it. You can buy single, double, or triple charger pads from Samsung which means you can charge one, two, or three devices at the same time. If you only have one device to charge at once then the single would be good for you but if you plan on buying more devices that charge wirelessly then the double or triple might be your best purchase. Since you say your existing charging system is not working be careful that you are getting the charger part that plugs into the wall with your wireless charger because it doesn't come with in all cases.

Since you posted before about buying a tablet be aware that you cannot wirelessly charge a tablet as far as I know.

0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Why can't we charge a tablet wirelessly? It makes me wonder what exactly is on the back of galaxy phone, that it wirelessly-charges even with a thick case on. I thought there was only NFC scanner on the back, cuz when i want to connect my Sony Bluetooth headphones, i just tap it on the back and it gets connected even without unlocking. 😃
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Wireless charging works by transferring energy from the charger to a receiver in the back of the phone via electromagnetic induction. The charger uses an induction coil to create an alternating electromagnetic field, which the receiver coil in the phone converts back into electricity to be fed into the battery.
The S7+ and I am assuming other tablets have a metal exterior so charging in this way is not possible
0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Wow. I'd like to put one on my back and then but a wireless charging back. Lay myself and all my devices at night so we can all get charged together. 😃
0 Likes
apparitor
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note

15W Wireless Stand charger from Samsung was the charger to get in 2020. Currently have about 4 of them scattered around the house. Phasing out my 1st gen fast charge disc ones from samsung which served me for around 5 years. But overtime they start to wear off and lose connection when changing. If you really want a wireless charging tablet you can buy those wireless pads that connect to the charging port so you can put your tablet on the wireless charger. Works pretty well on phones where I want to convert them to wireless charging through cases to hide the pad. 

asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Sounds good. Currently, I'm fed up with having to unplug one device to charge the other. 😢
0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Guys, I came across this, and it's on sale. What do you think of it? It has Note5 in its list of devices supported.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/samsung-wireless-charger-stand-15w/94d7jvr9pg46
0 Likes
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note

That device should do the trick for you at a pretty good price and includes the 25W charging block that you can use if you get another device some day that supports faster charging