Original topic:

108 mpx mode on S22 Ultra: more flexibility needed

(Topic created on: 08-16-2022 07:10 AM)
jgg
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
*This comment also applies to the 50 mpx cameras from the S22, S22 plus and Z Fold 4 as well as the S21 line. 

I'm certainly not the first one to say it: the options featured when you use the the 108 mpx mode (S22 Ultra) are insufficient.

I'm constantly telling people how much I love taking photos with Samsung phones. The 12 mpx binned pictures are extremely good, but there are too many limitations when shooting in 108 mpx. Due to those limitations, the result can be either impressive or disappointing.

We should at least have a 108 mpx PRO mode. I understand that RAW files in such a high definition would make huge files, but it would be necessary to have to possibility to choose the shutter speed, even in jpeg!

For instance, if you want to use a tripod and use a lower shutter speed take a better 108 mpx photo, well... you should be able to do so! 
(Why not?)

I hope the moderators send this suggestion to the right department. 

Samsung cameras should never suffer from Apple-like restrictions. Samsung can do better!

0 Likes
3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi jgg, thank you for bringing this to our notice. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy taking photos from Samsung phones.

We deeply value your relationship with Samsung and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.

Please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, we'll ensure you that it will be considered as a valuable feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our developer team for further review. Hopefully, all the features that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you for your answer!
Yes, I'm definitely a Samsung (volonteer!) ambassador with people around me. I always try to convince people that Samsung:
1) is more attentive to its customers' needs (than Apple)
2) makes better and more versatile products (than... Apple).

And there's nothing better than a perfect picture printed on a large poster to show off what Samsung's product is capable of! 👍
0 Likes
Galaxy S
**bleep**
0 Likes