Original topic:

3 New Features I Want To See

(Topic created on: 06-19-2021 04:17 PM)
CassidyTheCivet
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey there! Just got my new S20 FE a few days ago, moved to my first Samsung in quite a few years, been with Asus Zenfones the last while. Here are 3 UI things I would love to see in this phone to make the experience better!

1. A drop down menu button for screenshots, as pressing the side buttons can be a bit cumbersome. Drop down menu will go back up once the screenshot is tapped, of course, to capture the screen.
2. If I scroll left on the overflow app area it should loop around.
3. Hold down the app switching button to activate split screen so the icon doesn't always need to be tapped. Also provide an option for locking the split screen so the bottom screen can be changed.

I also would like Google Discover to be allowed back, and for the "emoji" on the Google Keyboard to not be an extra hold button away from accessibility, as they were not as annoying to get to on the Zenfone. 

I'm hoping these are relatively simple UI things that can hopefully be considered for future updates. I was bummed for instance that the double tap to sleep feature didn't appear to be on this phone until I fully updated it to current settings, so that was a nice surprise. Hoping for more like that, and hoping these forums prove a useful tool for communicating with Samsung! :)

- Cassidy 
4 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Beautiful nickname 😇
But please, don't sign with mine lol
Ho! You make me " discover " then a civet is a animal...in fact a mammalAfricanCivet_41737.jpg
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Civet cat,eats coffee beans,passes them and sold for big$$$.enjoy your coffee lol
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi CassidyTheCivet,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community. We appreciate for your new Samsung phone and your interest in Samsung devices.
Thanks for your time and for sharing the suggestions. We will consider it as valuable feedback.
However, there is a Swipe capture option to capture a screenshot.
Swipe capture: Swipe your hand to the left or right across the screen.
Note:
• It is not possible to capture a screenshot while using some apps and features.
• If capturing a screenshot by swiping is not activated, launch the Settings app, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures, and then tap the Palm swipe to capture switch to activate it.

CassidyTheCivet
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Oh I didn't know about the swipe capture option. I think I'd still like the drop down menu button simply so the screenshot can be taken regardless of my ability to swipe the screen in the right way, as I have yet to figure out how to activate that swipe capture 😅
0 Likes