Original topic:

Ads are overtaking the phone

(Topic created on: 11-19-2020 03:37 AM)
EmersonHaensel
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys, I just noticed that the ad section in the Samsung weather app not only is at the bottom but also at the top. Why?! This is just annoying.

8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi EmersonHaensel, Samsung is reviewing the advertisement services to provide more diverse and convenient services for our customers.
The weather app is one of the most popular services, and Samsung selectively provides users with the necessary advertisement information. Samsung is committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences and product quality continues to be one of our top priorities.

0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Nobody wants ads, and stating that Samsung is doing the user a favour by providing ads is ridiculous.
Galaxy S
Yes, it is😑
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
getting them on my S10e as well. Canadian model and sim, opted put of all ad related settings during setup and in settings yet theyre still there.

I encourage everyone who's upset about this to stop buying samsung products. I hoped that flagship devices would be exempt from this new ad policy, but it seems I was wrong.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I personally wouldn't go that far, but yeah, especially when you pay so much for it. If they want me to pay idk..10$ for all ads to dissappear, I would definitely pay that 10$.
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I just checked my devices and I don't get any ads on any of them, Note 20 Ultra, Z Flip or Tab S6

Screenshot_20201119-225859_Weather.jpg

0 Likes
Aidan123
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have ads as well im furious. I will never buy another Samsung product again. I didn't spend 2000 dollars on a phone to see ads

Screenshot_20201120-125147_Weather.jpg

0 Likes
CobraStrike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yup same here every app on the phone is loaded it's called bloatware and the manufacturer gets paid to have that installed on your phone even though we are paying 1-2 thousand dollars for a phone the phone company still makes more with a market profit....my phone hasnt had an update since september 2020 and ever since i have had so much spam adaware its ridiculous, i am looking for a new phone but dont want the bloatware unless they are going to pay me to have it,just like a car lot putting their sticker on your car " You are advertising for them, tell them to remove it or pay up,thats what i did ant they removed car lot stickers" phones should be free if they are going to have ads installed the more the phone costs the more ads