Original topic:

Ads in Samsung notifs

(Topic created on: 03-11-2021 11:43 AM)
Marsover
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
So, Samsung heard us complain about ads, a few spots in the system had them. 
Music, health, weather, pop-up notifs for Samsung products, and so instead of removing them, like ALL the complaints called for, yall f@#$ing double down and add more?! Is this some sort of joke?? 
Apple is currently getting ios 14 ready to block tracking and become super security friendly, while Samsung is here like: moneymoneymoney have ALL of the ads, despite having paid nearly 2k for your phone!!
Samsung you are actively killing your loyal customers. I will never repurchase a Samsung product (not even phone, ANY PRODUCT) unless yall get together. 
This is not only unprofessional, disrespectful to customers that had spent a large amount of money, but on top of that there are CLEAR security issues if my own phone is giving me ads - meaning I can't ever be sure what info of mine you sell. 
I've hated apple all my life but I am going to jump ship. 

23 Comments
Galaxy S
I can see that you use different accounts to complaint 1 specific ads - NYNJA. This is from 3rd party ads. Not from Samsung. You should try to find out which free app gave you this ads instead. But of course you have your choice, if you think iPhone is more suitable for you, good luck to you.
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
ummm tf? what other accounts? feel free to look at my older posts. This is my one account I use, profile pic and all, nothing else (it's literally tied to the Samsung account you log into your phone onto...)
That bs aside, it's not "3rd party ads". This is a push notification from the Samsung galaxy store for this app (and what I believe you're referring to, are OTHER people posting the same push notif from the SAMSUNG GALAXY STORE they got this morning... get your bs together)
If you really wanna prove it's me posting from other accounts, go on - compare the metadata from the pics taken. it's taken on a different device, different location, of the same day. Go on, do it.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Those are clearly Samsung ads. Only their apps can bypass Google policies that forbid image ads in notifications (and hide the app that generated the ad, a tactic also used by Visit In and Samsung Push Service). Besides, these accounts are not new. Stockpiling accounts just to complain about a future ad seems far-fetched. This hostility seems unwarranted
Galaxy S
You think so? As I know they only put ads on banner only, like Galaxy Store, SMembers, SHealth...etc. But ads never popup in notifications area. Samsung may able to bypass Google, but...if it happens, should be on yours too right? Or us too. Also, ads should show differently to different people. Not the unique app on different users and different devices. So, if this is true, we all having ads in notifications area, just like we have ads banner in most Samsung apps.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I've seen ads in notifications myself. Also, testing a "new" way to serve ads on a small group is extremely common. That's what they did with ads that are listed as songs in S Music.
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Just cause you don't have them yet, doesn't mean you won't. As mentioned, it can be done for select users as a test. If it works, it will become the new norm as they had become with banners in music, health, weather, and others. Push notifs like this is just the next (horrible) step and is clearly being tested and implemented. Just because YOU have not experienced it YET, doesn't mean it's not being done, and doesn't mean it won't roll out and impact you later.
0 Likes
Doggier
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Vote with Your Feet People.

Check out the new ad blocking and ad customization blocking that iPhone is offering.   The fact that facebook is taking legal action to  try and stop them (cuts into their revenue) should be enough to say, "yeah Apple!" 

I've always been a Samsung guy. Right from my very fist smartphone years ago.  But since Samsung isn't opting to follow suit and offer the same protection to its users, I'll have to bite the bullet and move to iPhone.   

Samsung can easily win me back. They just need to offer a similar level of security.  

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Personally, I've been avoiding these ads on my devices. I only ever see ads when I assist my mother with hers. That is however beyond what is reasonable to ask of general users and I do encourage anyone who disapproves of this tactic to do everything they can to send Samsung a strong message.
Doggier
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Really #CHMmultimedia ?

Do you go on any social media sites? How do you avoid ads and ad customization there?  Seems you have some cool tricks we don't know about.  Pleas share. 

0 Likes