Original topic:

Ads on Weather app.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 10:38 AM)
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
How do I stop adds popup in the samsung weather app. Its frustrating and disturbing. I have opted out of all ad choices and marketing choices I could find, but still ads popup when I open the weather app.
0 Likes
14 Comments
Galaxy S
Agree. I use other weather app with no ads.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Or just used luckypacther and disable any ad on any app.... Now make sure you read and understand the app before using it
0 Likes
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I got a add free app Weawow, using that for now and have stopped the native weather app.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

WOW Now they put a Full page of publicity in Galaxy Store ...
DON'T MAKE THE UPDATE

Does APPLE is doing the same ? Enough is enough.

This kind of publicity is disturbing me

When a Ambassador is telling you to install another application instead of Samsung's application, it's because SOMETHING IS WRONG...
I hope Samsung's Canada will react.

Screenshot_20210402-151247_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes
invictorolmos
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I gave up with SAMSUNG, since my S5 and until my S20 (my last galaxy) I used to be loyal to the Galaxy series, not because of the hype but because of the cameras, I was happy to have an amazing camera inside my pocket for my travel memories  so I upgraded every year my phone with every new Galaxy release

It is incredible the amount of money we pay for a premium phone  and we end up receiving a horrible experience with loads of intrusive ads.

Not only on the weather, or SamsungPay app, also inside the notifications !!! (really Samsung? Ads in my notifications ?)   I was truly disappointed. 

Now,  I switched to an iPhone (also convinced my gf to switch) and I'm happy ( yeah I do not have a 120Hz screen) but I feel some kind on peace  by not been overloaded with ads, and the "Ask apps to not track" thingy, it is awesome, I can finally look for something on the internet  and  I'm not being invaded with tons of ads related to that search on other apps .

Hope Samsung see this and fix it, come on, you sell a lot of mobile phones, tv's, accessories, you can not been that greedy. 

I already forgiven you (lol) for removing the 3.5mm audio port 

0 Likes