Original topic:

Alarm not turning on display in do not disturb

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 03:09 PM)
J2Mo
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Alarm not turning on screen in do not disturb mode so can't snooze or turn off alarm without first unlocking. App notification setting greyed out no way to ignore do not disturb. Have tried clearing cache, deleting data, rebooting. Was working recently. Software updates current.
0 Likes
11 Comments
Matt52Playz
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

just go in notification panel hold the do not disturb mode icon and go on apps (this is the apps that will ignore do not disturb mode) select clock and also in the do not disturb menu click alarms and sound and turn on the alarm so it will ignore the do not disturb and the alarm will work properly. that's all hope this helps

J2Mo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thx but maybe you have a diff interface bc directions not too helpful. As stated, the app notification setting for alarm and timer alerts is greyed out in on position but the ignore do not disturb is greyed out in off position. Too bad this chat can't take screen shots!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. What is the model number of the device?

0 Likes
J2Mo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
SM-G960W
0 Likes
J2Mo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Just checked the app info in the Galaxy store and looks like several ppl with same problem since Dec 31 update. This AFTER online help chat for 30+ min, asking a question in Samsung Members AND starting this thread. So I guess I am stuck waiting for someone to notice the app reviews and ratings are plummeting. Hmm maybe time to install Google clock?? Any thoughts?
0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We request you to perform wipe cache partition by following the steps provided below.

1. Turn off the unit. 
  2. Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button.
  3. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".
  5. Press the Power key to select. 
  6. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select.
  7. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted. 
  8. Press the Power button to reboot the unit.
0 Likes
J2Mo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Ok... first, the procedure requires press and hold vol up, BIXBY, and power button. I had to look this up on my own after your instructions failed.
Second, it did nothing to solve the problem. When is the Clock app update coming?
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi J2Mo, we suggest you to backup and reset your device and get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset,

settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
Zeran
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am bring this one from the death, as it was never answered. I just got my s22 ultra and my alarm does not ring when do not disturb is active. I have enabled all exceptions mentioned above and it still only vibrates. We need a solution asap, please? Thank you in advance