Original topic:

All of sudden Vertical Green Line on Screen

(Topic created on: 04-10-2022 12:27 PM)
Syafieq93
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have been using Samsung Brand phone since day one because as we all know Samsung produce robust and reliable phone. The last phone I use is Samsung Note 8 which I used for 4 good years without any problem. After Samsung Note 8, my wife gift me Samsung S20 plus as my anniversary present on 26/5/2022 at retail price of RM4999.00 and this is a very difficult purchase as we are not from a wealthy family and she still choose Samsung as the trusted brand.

On 2 April 2022, when i turn ON my phone, all of sudden there is a vertical green line appear on my phone screen from top to bottom. I have contacted the Samsung hotline for this issue and they advise to soft reset my mobile and if still happen he ask to put the phone in safe mode. None of the above steps works. I when Samsung service center at Sunway Carnival, Penang and after inspection the technician said need to change the phone LCD which will cost RM950 since my warranty already ended. It''s very heart breaking to know about this since i just use this phone for one and half years.

I have been taking really good care of the phone and the phone is totally an accident, fall and scratch free as you can see in the pictures attached. I also to spend Rm120 just to wrap the phone front and back to protect the phone.

I search through online and saw many Samsung phone users experience this issue and I believe Samusng also acknowledge this problem. I send above message to Samsung CEO office but their reply is unreasonable saying that the phone already over the warranty and they can not do anything about it. 

This is really disappointed and I already band me and my family from using Samsung Phone. Hope all the other users bewafe of Samsung quality and think first before you purchase Samsung phone as there is alot of brand that offer better phone and after sale service.

39 Comments
Galaxy S
I keep my phone in small size bag like pouch, sling tht can be easily carry around. I once destroyed my s4 on side pocket pants(Lee jeans I think) whn I put down box from stand to crouch. Small degree of bent and cyan, magenta, yellow lines ruined 2/4 portion of the screen. Same thing happens to my HTC Desire(can't remember suffixes number) which force + (phone x keys) in my pocket = doom. Idk if this relate to your but just take this into list of DON'T.
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
My Note 9 be green colour after update new software.Still can use but the colour not sharp as like before.
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Indeed bro. I NEVER keep my phone together with other things ie keys in the same pocket. The phone is always 'alone' and the display side is on the inside.
Syafieq93
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
As you can read, this happen not because of my carelessness this because of software update failure which destroy the screen
Syafieq93
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
For your info my phone screen is in very good conditions and totally scratch free. This green line happens once i updated the phone. This is software issue which Samsung dont want to take responsibility
Members_zPKUCwm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

All samsung users. We should boycott samsung phone with this irresponsible software update impacted greenline at hp. Ask samsung keep their hp at their own warehouse

GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Do you reset factory?
Syafieq93
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Not try yet. Is that work for you?
0 Likes
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Galaxy S