Original topic:

Always On display turns Green

(Topic created on: 05-23-2017 07:23 PM)
teepu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
i m using S7 edge.my always on display was working fine untill yesterday when suddenly it started to turn green when ever phone is locked. how this problem can be fixed51c2c58a-925c-4548-b1e2-d56b35ae5aae.jpg
0 Likes
6 Comments
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Contact Samsung only they can fix
0 Likes
steel1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
factory reset
0 Likes
Galaxy S
factory reset is not the only answer, every thread I look at, I see "factory reset" for all responses. Even if a factory reset did resolve the issue, its only a matter of time till the issue comes back.
That is a very strange issue, for the entire screen to turn green when AOD is enabled. Have you tried the hardware diagnostic menu, to see if the colors are ok?
I would definitely contact Samsung about this and see if they have heard of anyone else having this issue. Also submit a feedback from the Samsung Members app.
@Nick, have you heard of anything like this before, that is quite bizarre...
0 Likes
rony1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Did the device fall?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @teepu and @SnowCat19, although not as common, I have seen instances of device screens turning green in the past. This is usually caused when there is a crack or damage in the display. Have you had this device for a while @teepu and have you recently dropped it? If so, that could be a cause. This is typically fixed by taking your phone in for a repair so that they can replace the display for you. As a temporary remedy, perhaps you can try adjusting the display to AMOLED photo or even basic mode and see if that will help reduce the green in any way. Also, please contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support) so that they can take a closer look at your device and fix it accordingly. Thanks!

-Nick
Galaxy S
Great info Nick

thank you so much!!
0 Likes