Original topic:

Android 11 for S9's Note 9

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 04:23 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I seen a notice from samsung and it mentioned that note 9 and S9's appear to be on the list of getting Android 11. I like that👍🏻. But there is a disclaimer that for various reasons some may not actually get it. So I don't want to get my hopes up to much about it. However, if this actually happens I think this would be a go move for samsung for a few reasons. 

#1 this will show that samsung is actually putting effort in to actually supporting their devices. Even to devices that didn't actually officially make the 3 O.S upgrade list.

#2 this will make S9 and note 9 users like my self very happy. Because honestly there is nothing wrong with this generation of devices even in 2021. Also these devices are still officially supported for another year and a half or so.

#3 this will earn samsung extra points in my books and I'm sure other people as well. Especially during a time of being on the fence for me of what the next device will be. Because this would help make it more appealing to stay with samsung if they give the S9's and note 9 3 O.S upgrades even if they didn't make the "official list". 

I really hope this is true. 

8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Remember when Samsung posted a similar list a few years ago, saying that the S7 was going to be getting the next Android version? 

It never happened. 

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

[Updated]

Hi Tbone,

Thank you for taking an interest in our products and services.

We would like to inform you that Galaxy S9 and Note9 are eligible for upgrade with Android 11 update.

Providing a continuous great experience is our first priority.

Please note that the update schedule and eligible models may change for a number of different reasons.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Then why is Samsung posting a list, that says the S9 is eligible for the update to one ui V3.0? 

Screenshot_20210218_123137.jpg

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
that's what I mean right. then why would Samsung make i notice about it. I know samsung has done stuff like this in the past and really blurred the lines of the O.S upgrade notice meanings. 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe this is what is happening again?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Why? 

Because it's Samsung? 

🤣

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
😂
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The S9/Note 9 were shipped with Android 8  and was scheduled to receive updates to Android 10.

I thought that Samsung wasn't providing more than 2 Android version updates, until AFTER the S10 /Note 10 phones? 

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
well that's the official word but they can change all that any time they want really. it's just not a agree we will get it.