Original topic:

Android 12 - Link Sharing gone

(Topic created on: 01-05-2022 04:57 AM)
j0n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Since most of my family has an iPhone, I would send them photos using the link share option after tapping a bunch of photos. Unfortunately, the option to do this since upgrading to Android 12 is gone.

Private share just isn't the same. Why would this option be removed and how can I get it back?
Thanks
16 Comments
Kaler
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I still have it , right besides nearby share
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi j0n, As you have updated your device I suggest you to try the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if you are able to find the link.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
This unfortunately didn't work. All I see is nearby share, quick share & private share. Sharing with a link is no longer available.
Bharat1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Actually its still there but not in front as it used to .  Just go to quick share option then u can se share as link with 2 options choose -on another app .  

Johnathan14
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Thanks you helped me find it I'm a different person But still thanks lol

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hey try using SHAREit it is an efficient app that u can send literally about everything from android to iPhone and vise versa
j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks. Kind of a bummer that something that was once included on the phone, is no longer there. Now I need a 3rd party app. Another strike for Android 12.
Galaxy S
I know
let me know if it works
JustAskDave
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hey j0n, I just went through the same annoying issue as I use this all the time (we are travelling full time, the Samsung takes great quality photos and videos, then inlink share them to the wife and she does the FB and Insta posts).

However, just discovered it is still there, they have just removed the option from the sharing section. Now you create a new text message, click attach photo/video, and lower middle of screen is a little cloud icon with off written on it.  Click it and it changes to on, then select you videos or photos as normal and send then it sends them as link share.  Why they had to change it.....