Original topic:

Android 12 UI4 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 12-18-2021 05:23 AM)
Daikos
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since I updated to android 12 UI 4, my battery seems to drain faster.  Anyone else with a similar problem? 
6 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Daikos, Please go to the Samsung Members app which is already pre-installed on your Samsung device >> Get Help >> Diagnostics >> Battery. Please write back to us with the results.

Daikos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I did and it seems to be funny but I find it drains faster than normalScreenshot_20211218-091034_Samsung Members_20162_1639836634.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's fairly typical to see a change in battery life / usage / measurement after an Android version update.

Give it a few days to settle in & possibly have to let the battery "relearn" your usage.

I'm not sure what Samsung has built-in to the Firmware update process, but it's quite likely that the battery usage history was wiped with the update.

If you haven't already, you could Boot into recovery & wipe cache at the very least, but I always backup my phone with smart switch & factory reset.

There's supposed to be a script built-in to the updates that clears cache, but sometimes it needs a little help.

But I've always Factory Reset after any Android version update, & never had any issues. 

One final thought, it's also possible that the One UI V4.0 update itself has some usage / performance issues, which would likely be corrected in the next update. 

Daikos
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it although I hate reinstalling every single app
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Backing up with Smart Switch FIRST, actually works pretty well. It's just too bad that Samsung removed the external sd card on the S21 series!

Backups to the external sd card & Restoring from it as well, is faster & a lot more convenient than having to use Smart Switch on your computer or restoring from a Cloud backup. 

devdroid
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Give it two weeks and in the mean time you can set up a Bixby routine to use low power when you need maximum standby time. On S10e I can get 5 days of standby with just cell enabled, no data. Accu battery is also a good app for monitoring discharge.
0 Likes