Original topic:

Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 01-30-2022 11:43 AM)
Medusa0044
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey, I have a Samsung galaxy s20 the android 12 update won't even download to update. I have cleared almost everything I have in my phone out. The download keeps saying it has failed (downloading on wifi in Canada)
0 Likes
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try this:

Go to Settings > Apps & Middle Right Click on the Menu Button & Toggle to Show System Apps & then Search for "Software Update".

Clear Cache & Data for BOTH & Reboot. See if you can receive the One UI V4.0 update now.

The update size should be ~ 2.4 Gig. 

0 Likes
Medusa0044
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Still won't download after doing that
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you have a computer, you could try installing Smart Switch on it & then connect your phone to the computer, open Smart Switch & Select Download the Latest Update (or whatever it's called, sorry I'm not near mine).

If that doesn't work, you could try Backing up your phone with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. See if that gets you the One UI V4.0 update.

⚠️ Can you just confirm the model number of your S20 ⚠️

It's in Settings > About Phone > Model Number.

Just to figure out if there's some other reason why you haven't received it yet. 

Medusa0044
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My model number is SM-G981W and unfortunately don't have access to a computer so I'll have to try backing it up and factory reset.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Okay thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it was a Canadian device. 

Hopefully a Factory Reset will solve the problem, although it should not be necessary.. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Af the battery is at 20% it will give you a warning that the battery is it 20%
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Can you please confirm if you have tried using data?

0 Likes
mahdaviamina14
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

when was it published?

لیزر کیست مویی

0 Likes
mahdaviamina14
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

when was it published?

لیزر کیست مویی