Original topic:

Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 11-06-2022 12:05 AM)
RazpberrY21
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
So I have a samsung S22 Plus, carrier unlocked and I was wondering when would I be able to update to the new Android 13? I did a bit of research and apparently it was released on November 5th and it's the 6th as of sending this post. I live in Canada and my carrier is freedom mobile. If that is needed. I would love to upgrade to the 'stable' Android 13 with One UI 5.
6 Comments
jwohl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Wondering why my phone isn't getting the update either! (S22)
0 Likes
Bhootnath
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Still waiting for bell servers to push the android 13 on S22 Ultra
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Bell Servers have nothing to do with any OTAs. Samsung's always. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

One UI V5.0 was TENTATIVELY scheduled to be released for the S22 series, but it was delayed.

No such thing as "carrier locked" in Canada since 2017.

Carriers don't push the Updates anyway, they all come from Samsung Servers.

Maybe this Tuesday, although there's no mention in the latest Rogers & Telus OS Update Schedules. 

KinkyCro
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Yea, same here with s22 ultra waiting for Android 13. I've just bought this samsung and I came from Pixel 6 and hot **bleep** how pixel is smooth. This phone s22 ultra is lagging everywhere, opening apps, camera, general use is slagish! Very disappointed with this price tag, so I'm hoping that Android 13 will fix it.
0 Likes
JustThinking
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Good luck with that. Samsumg Canada doesn't really care about Canadian market. Samsung already started rolling out One UI 5.0 (android 13) update for S20 and S21 in other regions (eg., UK). While there is no attention to Canadian Market. More importantly, how serious they are about Canadian Market can be reflected for their Most recent announcement is for One UI 4.1 in the portal.
0 Likes