Original topic:

Android and software updates breaking my S22 phone.

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 06:56 PM)
Peter1961
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I'm really annoyed and disappointed after purchasing a S22 Ultra phone I have had ongoing operational issues with.Android and other Google Applications.

I'm told this has effected my.phines after speaking with my retailer JB HiFi and Samsung Techs..

Whilst I understand Google is responsible, Samsung must authorise the deployment of Operating System updates and other major Google products.

My phone worked fine until I installed the approved Android 13 operating system. Apparently once installed, that's it, there is no BACKOUT for this fault prone ANDROID 13 operating system. Samsung must have certified the deployment to it's phones!

It's disgraceful..I have submitted many many faults and logs to Samsung. Problems have been identified and some fixed..Yet I am the customer, I am. NOT a Beta tester. Why am I subject to this rubbish service..I rely on my phone and want Samsung to stop breaking it with faulty software.

Everything was working prior to Android 13..I even got a warning message from Samsung as part of a fault response stating NOT TO INSTALL ANDROID 13.. What a joke !

I have wasted weeks of my own time and lots of physical and mental upset thanks to Samsung.

Affected Samsung owners deserve to be compensated for the upset and mayhem Samsung have put us through.

Yesterday I raised yet another fault with Samsung..A problem with Assistant not addressing Google Home thus voice commands to devices in Google home fail to be recognised. Must be the 6th report on different issues. I tried contact Google and they were utterly useless. Uninterested

I must say Samsung Techs have been very good in raising problems with Google once they diagnosed the problem through my logs, which have mostly been resolved.

I am so over this. totally over all the upset. Samsung I deserve an apology and compensation for what I have been through. It's disgraceful after what I was charged for this phone. It's just 1 year old..

Similarly my wife's S21 was effected but she delayed updating to Android 13 after I warned her not too. We should have to make such decisions as a customer It's Samsung's responsibility.

How do I get a Samsung to contact me and deal with this matter professionally ?

I read the Samsung and rushing these updates in preparation for their S23 release. That is unprofessional and utterly rediculous to effect your existing users like this.

Disgraceful.

Peter Rowswell 

13 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Good Morning @Peter1961

I am sorry that you have had this experience. We see what you have been in contact with error reports and having a look, it seems like the issues are still under investigation

Kind regards,

SamsungClaudette 

unclealy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You know very well that this is an issue that has affected almost all S22 phone owners and not just this gentleman here. You will need to compensate every single customer.
Peter1961
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, I have been in contact with Samsung and have wasted days and days trying to fix the problems created by Samsung and their inappropriate and incompetent rollout of Android 13. I have been affected, my life has been affected and it has cost me financially. What will Samsung do to compensate and make up for lost goodwill?

I was offered a discount and when I tried to use it to buy a fast charger which Samsung now doesn't supply for some godforsaken reason. Oh, I was informed the discount only applied to. buying a new phone.
What a joke. I already have an S22Ultra.
I am so upset with Samsung. They have lost face and proven how seriously bad they are with Customer Service.
Vikki1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This is affecting All Samsung phones as soon as they do latest updates. Your phones cost over £1200 and they now do not operate with half the things they used to. Samsung techs need to look into this whole Android 13 thing and quick before all your customers hop back off to Apple and IOS! We have no control over which operating system.our phones use and Samsung and other Android phone companies should ensure they system is fit for purpose before rolling out updates. This has been going on now for a good couple of months. Your own techs are now admitting that Abdroid 13 has cooked uploads of connectivity to Google apps, Android auto, the list is endless!!

0 Likes
Peter1961
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I just don't know what to do. I shouldn't have to deal with these thibgs The phone was working and now it's breaking due to updates being installed. I need my phone working. Samsung need to be doing the right thing by those who buy their hardware
unclealy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You are in the right Peter. The reply by the Samsung community manager to your post already shows the level of irresponsibility from Samsung. This is clearly a wide spread f-up and they can't admit.
You make great points and they are worth pursuing. Many are affected badly and somebody need to own the problem and pay a price for it.
unclealy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Anyone else who has issues with the new Android on their S22 phone please leave a reply below so that we can get our act together.
Iknownothing
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Betcha my next phone won't be a samsung.
mezzan
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Right on
0 Likes